Prologue 💜

Our world is one of many.

At the heart of all worlds is a pure light known as Kingdom Hearts. The desire for this light errupted into a war where the world was almost entirely destroyed. However, children managed to rebuild it as it is now: A vast number of small worlds scattered about like stars in the sky.

You might think that this is only just a story that can't possibly be true. It's just a myth; a legend to entertain small children or teach them lessons. Once upon a time, I used to be just like you. I thought that there was no such thing as Kingdom Hearts or keyblades or even that there were other worlds. In fact, I thought that the only fantastic thing that existed was how boring my life was.

The machine that was my life was horrendous, constantly repeating the same routine over and over, which I was okay with, but also found annoying. That's why I found comfort in the Kingdom Hearts franchise (the game where that story came from), because it allowed me to at least have a brief escape into the fantastic. It was the one gear that turned the whole order of the machine on its head.

Still, even though I used to want to trade my mechanically boring life for something better, I knew that it would never be... or so I thought. All of this started with a miraculous event that shifted my perspective one hundred eighty degrees. Let me tell you that those stories are true. I know because I've lived them (well, some of them).

However, before I begin, I must tell you that if you fear what you might learn, stop reading now! This story is not for the faint of heart. In the unlikely event that you are "special" like me, they might come after you. These entities that dwell in the darkest shadows where you dare not go will not stop until they get what they want... and what they want is your heart. But don't be afraid. There is a power in you, just as there is in me, that will allow you to fight.

So, if you're willing to listen, this is my story.