Chapter 30: Aftermath 💜

About a week later, me and Noah were training in Dream Team HQ. To be honest, I had been afraid to come back here, but I can't neglect my training. The two of us had been exchanging blows for several minutes (maybe an hour) before I decided I needed a break. "Sis, I had this idea," Noah brought up, sitting down next to me. He hasn't called me sis in a long time. "Maybe we should start a new Dream Team!"

At the sound of the words "Dream Team," I shot him an angry look. There was no way I was going to do that at this moment in time. Noah, taken aback by my minor outburst, said to me, "I'll give you some time to think it over. You're probably still reeling from what happened last week." And he was right; I was. I went back to the main house.

By the way, a lot of stuff has happened over the week, but most of it isn't really notable. First, the house is completely back to normal. It was like that when my parents brought me home after the fight with Cyrena. Damage that probably would have cost thousands of dollars to repair had seemingly vanished as if it were never there to begin with. Maybe, it was Joshua's parting gift to me to say "Thanks for all you're done." Whatever it was, I'm grateful for it.

Second, Shayla left me alone for the entire school week. Not a single mean comment about me. That girl has picked on me ever since I started going to school. Well, I guess she learned her lesson at homecoming. Picking on someone just because they have a disability is mean and wrong. Probably she realized that making me suffer isn't going to make her feel any better. Whatever the reason, I'm just glad it's over.

Lastly, I received a mysterious letter in the mail. The King's seal was on the envelope: it was from his majesty. It said that Master Yen Sid has requested an audience with me. I don't know what the reason behind this is, but it still intrigues me. So far, though, I can't even come up with an idea for a response, almost as if Joshua took my creativity with him when he left.

Back to the present; I had locked myself in my room - now fully restored - so that no one would see me in my current state. On YouTube, I was listening to "Sanctuary After the Battle", the ending theme for Kingdom Hearts II. The main reason I was listening to this and not the ending theme for the original Kingdom Hearts again was simple: I didn't want to be even more depressed than I already was. Staring at my phone and the picture of Sora emblazed on the screen, I couldn't help but wonder what the future would bring.

Yen Sid probably wants to train me, otherwise he wouldn't have contacted me in the first place. Unfortunately, going to see him requires going to another world and if I do that, I'll probably never come back home. There goes my life. All of those years of planning my future, wasted. I was too upset to come up with a solution myself. I needed someone to help me: a friend that I could talk to and then it hit me.

Kaylee and I have been best friends for years and even though we haven't seen each other for a while, I know we're still best friends. She deserved to know everything that happened. Plus, Shiki's parting wish was for me to talk to her. As I reached to pick up my phone, I was shaking. Kaylee is my best friend, I reminded myself. She will listen to you regardless of how crazy it may seem. I grabbed my phone.

Dialing the number, I prayed that Kaylee would answer. Of course, the only reason she wouldn't answer was if she got a new phone number, which I hoped she didn't. When the ringing started, I held my breath in anticipation until Kaylee's voice greeted me, asking who was calling. "Kaylee, it's me," I said, trying to keep my voice level. "Do you think you could come over to my house? There's something I need to talk to you about."