5

" there's something in your eyes. is everything alright? you look up to the sky, you long for something more. "

- after tonight by justin nozuka

-

• louis •

I walked back into my house closing the door. What just happened?

She knocked on my door and asked how I was? Did she even care? I bet she didn't. She probably was just bored and didn't have anything to do.

Harry came a few minutes later and I saw Ama's car pull up.

"Who's that?" Harry asked as we walked.

"Ama. She goes to our college." I say as Harry nods.

"Seems like a nice girl."

I already knew that would be his first line and he would be going after her. I knew Harry, but he didn't.

"Hey, why don't we ever go in your house?" He asked.

I went stiff for a minute. My dad would kill me if he found out I had anyone over.

"Uh, my mom doesn't like it when people come over. She's a neat freak. Always taking care of the furniture." I stuttered. "And I have college soon, so let's hurry."

He just nodded and looked ahead. We were going to meet at the diner but a change of plans had happened all of the sudden.

We walked to the basketball court and played some ball for a bit.

-

"Woah dude, who punched you?" Harry said as we were walking back.

My heart started beating like crazy out of my chest as I tried to stay calm. I must've been sweating too much and had some of the foundation fade.

I thought about an excuse, maybe saying I was working out and had some accident. I thiught, and thought, and thought until I noticed time was up.

"Hello? Earth to Louis?" Harry said again as he tapped on my shoulder.

"I was working out and the weight kind of smacked me across the face." I nervously chuckled and continued walking.

"You should put some ice on it, it's purple." He said. "Anyways, I'll see you in college."

I walked into my home, relieved that he wasn't here.

I looked around for my paper, and finally found it hidden in my table. It's private to me, and I don't want anyone finding it.

My paper so far was only half a page, as I was typing it onto my word document. I could just continue it from there and then check over for mistakes.

People see me as the quiet guy who has no friends, who has maybe only one friend who he plays basketball with. They see me as a snotty rich kid that gets everything he wants and is loved by his family. They see me as a guy who has no worries. Everyday is a lie. Everyday is a foul. Everyday I lose to myself. This is what I get from staying strong. Now, this writing is about me. I'm that someone who gave up. And I gave up a long time ago. Now, I'll start from the beginning..

-

MY BIRTHDAYS ALMOST HERE JULY 24TH YAYAYAYAYA