AUTHOR'S NOTE

READ. DO NOT IGNORE.

     Hey guys, I...um...well, there's something I need to say. I can't continue with this book anymore.

     I'M SO SORRY GUYS!

     I could give a bunch of excuses, but I know none of them would be enough.

    Again, SO SORRY!

    And well, I'd just like you guys to know how much I appreciate y'all reading, voting and commenting. I've almost reached TEN THOUSAND reads and that means SO MUCH to me! It breaks my heart to not be able to continue this book. I love it so much. And I love you guys even more...

     One more thing, I just have to say this before I sign out :

     I GOT YA!

     IT'S APRIL 1ST, Y'ALL! AND I WAS IN A PRANKING MOOD.

     Did y'all fall for it?!

     Okay, enough of messing around. I'm officially done with the changes. I'm happy to say Paused is up and running. I will post the next chapter later today. But for now, here are the changes Paused has gone through...

CHANGES + SUMMARY :

1) Kate is part of a mythical species called Amissiums (Latin for 'lost', because they are so rare, you can't even find any myths on them. They are literally lost) ruled by The Maiores (Latin for 'ancestors' or 'elders' or 'greater') as they have the most powers - 100 each. They are willing to give her the power of reading minds if she leaves New York.

2) She was abandoned at an orphanage in Britain (she thinks her parents didn't want her, or maybe they're dead. She has no way to know for sure). She was adopted when she was four and then she came to New York.

3) She has a seven year old sister, Ava.

4) Her foster parents die on their anniversary, when the restaurant blew up. She was 17.

5) She moves to Malibu with her sister and has gained the new power.

6) She finds out her sister is an amissium and she finds two other amissiums, Lee and Alex, in school who she befriends eventually.

7) She meets a guy named Issac (or Zach) Winston (she calls him 'Percy' from time to time) who has natural brown hair with black highlights.

8) She reveals to him that she's an amissium after an almost-accident.

9) The Maiores try to kill him as he is human and they don't trust humans. But they let him go when Kate reveals they're soulmates.

10) Zach's beloved cousin, Hayden, comes from Ohio to meet Zach and Kate finds out she is Hayden's soulmate, and not Zach's. She confronts Zach that she's choosing him ('him' being Zach), however Zach manages to anger her and she asks him to leave.

     This is just to make things easier for y'all. Of course, you are welcome to read Paused again. Hehe.

KEEP READING AND SPREAD THE WORD!

PEACE OUT!!

RACHEL...