Chapter Ten

Conner's POV

Skylar tapped Kody on the shoulder and smiled. "Bye Kody!" She whispered.

"Bye!" Nekoda smiled back and Skylar hopped out of the car. Out of the corner of my eye I watched how my brother stared at Skylar as she sashayed her hips and I pushed his shoulder lightly.

"What?" He said in a clipped tone as he whipped his head to look at me.

I shook my head and laughed. "Nothing." I started the car up again and headed towards Kody's house.

As I glanced at her through the rear-view mirror I saw her with her head against the window again. God she was so perfect. Her brown hair was a bit messy and her pale face showed up whenever I passed by a street lamp. Just her laugh and smile and the way one of her dimples was slightly deeper than the other, shit, I'm sounding like a girl now.

But seriously, you can't but stop and take a double glance at her. That Alex guy is so lucky to have her but he doesn't deserve her. We all know that he's probably fucking that bleach blonde slut is one of those bedrooms, but Kody chooses to totally refuse that idea. She deserves the best, some guy that'll go to parties with her and smoke and drink and shit, a guy who wears all black and has tattoos and piercings, a guy who isn't me or Alex.

It's not that I like her or anything. Hell yeah she's gorgeous but that's as far as it goes I guess? Maybe I did like her. But hell knows she hates the fuck out of me. All because I left her. I mean it's not like I had a choice! I would've stayed with her honestly, since I had loved her but, I didn't have a choice.

If I never left, I would've asked her out when she turned fifteen. Hopefully she would've said yes, because I didn't have a clue if she liked me or not. I ruffled my right hand through my hair as I turned left.

"What're you nervous about?" I heard Mike's voice through my thoughts. I glanced up at Nekoda to see her asleep.

"Oh, nothing, just thinking."

"About what?"

I sighed. "Nekoda." I answered honestly.

"Ahhh." He responded. "What about her?"

"Just stuff. How she deserves a good guy and how I had no choice to leave and stuff like that."

"Well what other stuff."

"Why are you being so nosy?"

"It's my job." He shrugged.

"Uh-huh." I but on the inside of my cheek as we pulled into Nekoda's driveway. I shifted the car into park and got out. As I opened her door I made sure that she didn't fall out. "Nekoda." I said into her ear.

All I got was a grumbled response.

"Nekoda, wake up, you're home."

"I don't wanna get up." She said barely audible. I sighed.

"Nekoda please." I heard Michael snicker but ignored him.

"Conny I really don't wanna." She mumbled with her eyes still closed. I made a face. Did she seriously call me Conny? Before I could respond she mumbled again. "Please carry me?" She opened her eyes finally and looked up at me.

Her green eyes pierced my blue ones and I couldn't say no. "Yeah, sure, c'mere." I said and she lifted her arms up. I wrapped my left arm under her knees and the middle of her back with my right. I carefully lifted her out and shut the door with my foot.

With slight difficulty I rang the doorbell as I got to the door. After a few seconds her mom showed up and I said a quiet "shh" before I invited myself inside. Nekoda's arms were wrapped around the back of my neck and her face buried in my shoulder. "I'm going to take her to her bedroom." I whispered to her mom.