Chapter Four

Conner's POV

My mouth hung open as I watched the girls drive away. What the fuck happened to the Nekoda I left two years ago? Now this new Nekoda wears a ton of makeup, goes to parties, probably drinks and who knows what else!

"You guys wouldn't mind if you went to check on her do you? I mean just follow the car, they're headed to a party, I just want to make sure she's alright." Her mother said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I quickly looked at Michael then back to Mrs. O'Neill. "Uhm, yeah, sure we can do that." I give a dimpled smile. "Isn't that right, Michael?" I grinned at him.

"Dude, hell yeah I'm coming! It's a party with your hot best friend! Now c'mon!" Michael said before walking towards the car.

I waved at Mrs. O'Neill before shutting the door then rushing at Michael. "She's not my best friend. Couldn't you obviously tell that from how she acted?" I said before jumping into the passenger seat.

Michael rolled his eyes. "Okay, but she's obviously in love with you." He wiggles his eyebrows at me as he backed out of the driveway and sped towards the girls car. I shook my head in response and placed my forehead against the window. We quickly found the party and Nekoda's friends car.

As we parked I heard Michael say, "Holy shit! Conner look! Dude! Kody's changing right there!" Michael pointed through the windshield. My head quickly snapped up to look where his finger was pointed.

"Michael don't look!" I shouted at him before covering his eyes with my hand then screwing mine shut.

He whined, "but Conner she's hot!"

"I don't care you manwhore of a brother." I said through gritted teeth.

He moved my hand and before I could stop him, he punched my arm. I glared at him and rubbed my sore bicep.

"I am not a manwhore I just admire ladies and I'm just a chick magnet." He shrugged and got out of the car as Nekoda and her friend went inside the house. I got out and slammed my door shut and started to walk towards the house.

"Whatever you say." I said. "Now c'mon the sooner we get her the better we are." I heard him groan but he jogged to catch up to me. As we reached the door I opened it to see a crowd of people. Great. Just great. "Hey Mike!" I say over the loud music.

"Yeah?"

"Put your phone on vibrate if I find her and have to call you! You check down here and I'll check up stairs okay?" I yelled. He nodded his head and went to the left as I pushed through the crowd of teenagers to find the steps in the large house. After a few minutes of searching I finally found the steps. I quickly rushed up them to find a long hallway with several rooms.

I put my ear to each one, listening to see if I heard her voice. Suddenly I heard loud laughter and several voices come from two doors down. I walked over and opened the door, and go my relief I found Nekoda and her friend sitting in a circle with a whole bunch of other people.

Her gaze found mine and she instantly sat rigid. "What are you doing here?" She hissed.

"I'm here to pick you up, now come on." I say as I walk towards her.

A boy with ruffled blond hair with black streaks through it stood up, but wobbled a bit, indicating he had been drinking. "Now you listen here, that's my girlfriend and you aren't taking her anywhere, understand?"

I shrugged and before I could respond, Kody's friend with the bright purple hair spoke up. "Hey, Alex don't yell at the hot boy come let him play with us!" She said and motioned for me to sit by her. I sighed in defeat, I wasn't going to get Nekoda anywhere with her boyfriend here.

"So what should it be?! Seven Minutes In Heaven or Spin the Bottle?" Her voice slurred. The seven other kids yelled "Spin the Bottle!" And Purple Hair Girl smiled and pulled out an empty beer bottle from behind her. "Let's do this!" She squealed and placed it in the middle before spinning it.

I frantically hoped it wouldn't land on me. Luckily it spun past me, past Purple Hair Girl, past Nekoda, past Alex, then to a person I didn't know.

"Okay first person is Kayla and then.." Her voice trailed off and she spun it again and it landed on Alex. "And the second person is Alex!"

"What?! No my boyfriend is not kissing another girl!" Kody hissed and glared at Purple Hair Girl.

She shrugged but Alex spoke up. "Babe, it's fine, it's just a game." He smiled at her and she looked down at her fingernails, obviously defeated. The girl with the bleached blonde hair got and and sat on Alex's lap. I looked away and thirty seconds later as she sat down he winks at her, fucking player.

After several more minutes of people making out and kissing, I was the only one to not get stopped on yet, though I was not complaining. Purple Hair Girl, which I found out her name was Skylar, spun the bottle again which, unfortunately, landed on me. She smiled up at me before spinning the bottle. I swear if it lands on Nekoda...

"Nekoda!" Skylar squealed.

"Woah, no way in hell I'm going to kiss him!"

Skylar shrugged. "Kody don't be a little bitch about it, I mean it's only for thirty seconds and it's just a game, just do it." Alex wasn't seeming to pay any attention as he checked out the bleach blonde.

Nekoda groaned. "Okay but how am I going to sit on his lap in this?" She motioned to her tight black dress. Wait, she was agreeing to kiss me?

"Just sit on his lap, no ones paying attention anyway." She motioned to all the other kids who were drinking alcohol and making out. Nekoda groaned again and stood up and walked over to me. She sat on my lap with slight difficulty, the dress riding high up her thighs as she put her hands on my shoulders and put her lips by my ear.

"This doesn't mean anything got it?" She whispered and I nodded my head.

My head was spinning and my heart was pounding. Am I seriously about to kiss my ex best friend who hates me?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hy guys hope you are enjoying the book so far! I'll update maybe tomorrow or maybe sooner! I won't have my phone from Wednesday to Saturday so I won't be able to write then so hopefully I'll get to write more today and tomorrow! Again, vote and comment!

Xoxo