Chapter Thirteen

Nekoda's POV

"Skylar just please go get into the car." I interrupted her. Don't get me wrong, I loved Skylar to death, I just can't take her voice this early in the morning.

"Oh, okay!" She nodded and rushed down to car. I rolled my eyes, sighed, and shoved my hands into my tight back pockets. Well, it was hard to for my right pocket since I had my phone there, so I quickly took both my hands out and crossed my arms as I walked to the car.

"Hi Skylar." I heard Conner say as I opened the car door. As I sat down he cleared his throat. "Uhm, I don't know which was the party was."

"Just go straight." I mumbled.

"Oh, okay." He said and shifted into drive.

"So how are you Conner?" Skylar said with her head resting on the seat right by Conner's ear.

"Please Skylar, it's way too early. Just like sleep in the backseat till we get there or something." He mumbled.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "But it's such a short way away!" She didn't get the point that she was annoying him did she?

"Skylar." He stretched out her name in annoyance.

"Oh alright!" She smiled and leaned back against the seat. He sighed and I sighed quietly and I leaned my head against the window.

I slightly glanced at Conner and silently sighed and looked out the window and saw the trees and houses whiz by. I thought of the way Conner's hair flips to the right just perfectly and how he pulled his lip ring between his teeth, and how he ran his fingers through his hair when he was nervous. His blue eyes weren't even describable. They weren't sky blue or ocean blue. They were just their own color. Like if you stared too long at them like you could see right through him. Or maybe he could see right through you?

He just seemed way too perfect. He was too sweet. He cared too much. He was trying to tear down the walls that I had built up. I mean I have Alex though. Shit. Alex! I pulled out my phone from my back pocket and quickly glanced at the time which read 9:00. He probably wasn't even up, but I went to text him anyways. I typed 'hey' with a smiley face and locked my phone up again to wait for his response. Just as I laid my head back I to the window Conner spoke up again.

"Which way now?"

"Uhm, Skylar?" I said and looked back at her.

Her head popped up between the two front seats. "You gotta turn right at the stop sign up ahead."

"Okay, then after that?"

"Oh and then her house is the on the very end of the street." She giggled. "Sounds like the movie. Anyways, it's the biggest one. It's hard to miss but my car is like kind in front of it."

Conner pulled his lip ring between his teeth and slightly nodded his head. "Okay. Thanks." And she leaned back again. As we arrived towards the huge mansion Conner spoke up again. "We're here."

"Alright! Thanks. You guys can drop me off here." Skylar smiled as she grabbed her keys. Conner parked and Skylar got out. Right after she walked in front of Conner's car she suddenly stopped and turned around and knocked on Conner's window and he rolled it down. "Oh my god I forgot my phone!" Conner and I softly laughed and he turned around to grab the phone that was set in the backseat. He turned back around and gave it to her. "Thanks again! Bye Kody! Bye Conner!" She quickly kissed Conner's cheek and walked off.

My teeth clenched as I tightened my hands into fists as heat rushed up to my cheeks. I glanced at my phone to no texts and shoved it under my thigh and angrily looked away from Conner. As Conner drove off he glanced at me. "Something wrong?"