|Chapter Eight|

|Lucinda's POV|

  I walked out of my house, locking the front door. I stopped in front of Leafy, raising an eyebrow.

  "I'll be back soon." I said, petting him gently on the head. "Please, do not bite anyone that comes by! Especially not the mailman... Again."

  His head hung for a second, before snapping up and nodding frantically. I rolled my eyes and started walking away, heading down the street.

  I couldn't use my car, since Dante borrowed it to take Vylad on a date. I just prayed to Irene that they wouldn't fuck in the backseat. Sadly, Laurance was at work, so Dante couldn't take his car. Which only left me.

  I was heading to Aphmau's house. I wanted to talk to her about doing something special for Zane, since he was greeted with a terrible thing coming back from the hospital.

  I paused, looking at Zane's house. On the steps, sitting there, was Gene, smoking a cigarette.

  "Gene? You're the one living in Zane's house?" I asked, approaching him.

  "Yeah." He shrugged, blowing smoke out of his mouth. "I mean, they asked me and I had an argument with Zenix, so I needed to get away."

  "You and Zenix? But, don't you guys always argue?"

  "Not anymore. We started dating, but then some things happened and it resulted in an argument. He started crying and ran off to talk to Sasha. That's when Garte came and talked to me about living at Zane's house for a bit."

  "Oh." I pursed my lips, crossing my arms. "Well, I hope things get better for you two."

  "Thanks." He said, a small smile tugging on his lips.

  I nodded, continuing to my destination. Finally, regretting that I wore heels, I arrived at Aph's with possibly blistered feet. I knocked on the door and it opened, the ravenette standing there.

  "Lucinda! Hey, what's up?"

  "I wanted to talk to you about Zane."

  "Did something happen?" She asked, expression becoming serious instantly.

  "Oh, no, he's fine!" I assured, smiling to comfort her. "No, I wanted to talk to you about doing something special for him."

  "Oh. That's a good idea! Come on in, we can talk more."

|Katelyn's POV|

  I sat in my room, watching as Kawaii~Chan paced around the room.

  "KC, what're you so anxious about?" I asked.

  "I'm not sure if my recipes have been approved by the Maid Cafe! Katelyn~Sama, what should I do?" She whined, ears drooping.

  I stood up, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulled her into a hug.

  "Shh, it's ok. You've gotta be patient, KC. Don't worry, you'll know soon enough whether they approve or not. Your baking is amazing, they have to agree to put your recipes on the menu."

  "You really think so, Katelyn~Sama?"

  "I'm sure of it. Now, come on, let's go see what's happening downstairs."

  "Ok!" She leaned up, pecking me on the nose before pulling away, walking out of the room.

|Zane's POV|

I laid in bed, my head resting on Travis' chest. He was stroking my hair and I felt myself drifting off to sleep.

"Travis, stop, you're making me sleepy." I whined, raising my head up.

"Why are you laying on me then? That surely doesn't help either." He pointed out.

I rolled my eyes, sitting up. I rubbed my eyes, climbing off the bed.

"I need to get ready for my shift at the Maid Cafe."

"You're still working there?" Travis asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I do. Obviously not in a while, KC and Aph have been covering for me." I explained, walking over to my closet. I pulled out a shirt and a pair of jeans, changing into them. "I'll be back later." I leaned down and kissed Travis on the lips.

  "Love you."

  "Love you too." I walked out of my room and downstairs, seeing Mom grabbing her purse. "Where are you going?"

  "Oh, Zuzu! I was planning on going to meet up with Sylvanna at the mall."

  "I was wondering if you can drop me off at the Maid Cafe? I have a shift today."

  "Of course!" She smiled, removing her keys from her purse.

  I climbed into the passenger seat of her car, pulling the seatbelt over my torso. I stared out the window as she drove on, houses whirring by.

  I glanced up at the blue sky, clouds complimenting it. Even though I hated going outside, I always thought it was quiet and peaceful.

  It was beautiful.

~

de