The past lingers on

TWO

When Desiree finally finishes her sympathy speech I am released from the hospital. With nothing but sadness running through me. I am breathing but it still doesn't feel like it. I feel dead. I feel no purpose in living. I have nothing to benefit from this world without the one person that truly cared  for me. She is dead. Therefore I am dead too.

The air outside the car window is cold. Desiree is driving me to this so called "orphanage" that she runs. I'd rather be sitting in a hole right now. I have no intentions of meeting other kids like me. I know that sounds sad but I cannot stand to meet someone who may turn out to be my friend and lose them too. Everyone that gets close to me suffers. I need to do something to make this stop...

Whilst I'm thinking about ways to leave this earth we pull into a driveway. Plants are on either side of it. But they are not the type of plants that I have grown used to. Their leaves and stems are sinking. Sinking to the ground. The plants are all frowning. Pointing downwards and making me even more depressed. A tall, lean building comes into view. Making me shudder. The building looks haunted. And to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if it really was.

When the car halts to a stop, I instantly freak out. Desiree descends out her door and walks to mine. When she opens it I sink into the corners of my seat. Somehow wanting to be a part of it. But she grabs me gently and pulls me out of the vehicle that was holding the last of my dignity. I hide behind the brown locks from my head. Silently praying to myself. The double brown doors move at the touch of des' hand. They push open wide and behind it I find ... no one. There is no one in the main hallway which earns a smile from me. The last thing I need right now is a big group of people seeing me at once.

I hear voices and plates smashing on the other side of a door I walk past. I already know that leads to the hall or dinning area. I need to avoid that. Wouldn't want anyone to see me. " I'm going to take you to your bedroom is that alright?" Desiree asks obviously trying to make me take my attention away from the door and whats on the other side of it. I nod again not wanting her to hear me speak. " Since you're new and you just recently arrived you will be having your own bedroom. But it is more of an attic than a bedroom. Is that alright?" she asks me. I nod once more. 

While we are on our way to my bedroom/attic I hear someone shout from upstairs. We are heading that way and I honestly want to know what's happening. I peek around the corner of the wall and see a boy about the same age as me standing next to an adult. Probably someone who works here. The boy stood there tall. Not freaking out like I was. He didn't even seem to care that he was getting in trouble right now. He has small messy blond locks. And heavenly blue eyes. Oh those eyes. I tilt my head in disbelief of his thrilling beauty. He cannot be a real person. People do not look that good and be human at the same time. " I told you to not leave these grounds. And what do you do, leave these grounds." the person says. Pointing a finger at my guardian angel. " If this happens again Luke, you are going to the box." the man shouts. His beard moving from the sudden outburst of breath. The boy finds me staring and gives me a cheeky smile, then I blush like a tomato.

I was pulled back from my peeping spot to see an unhappy looking Desiree. " Never spy on people here Casandra. That will get you no where." she says while pulling me up another load of stairs.I thought she was nice, obviously not. We walk past alot of doors. I know none of these will be my bedroom because I'm apparently 'new' and I'm not allowed to stay with other children. I can't say I'm complaining but it would be nice to know they trust me with others.

After walking up enough stairs to get me tired and puffed I see one door. I can't help but think that's mine. My thoughts are answered when Des opens the door. All I see is stairs. For the love of god why are there so many stairs? I groan whilst walking up the last round of stairs. Revealing a small and empty room. There is one bed. It has a hand knitted blanket resting on it. There is a big window that overlooks the back yard that is filled with leaves. Damn cold weather. It's freezing in here and I can barely take it. 

When I turn around I see that I am alone. My suitcase with the last of my belongings is sitting at the foot of my bed. I walk to the door and slam it shut. No one can bother me now. I try to think about ways to die again but the only thing running through my  mind is that boy from before. "Luke" I think to myself. " his name is Luke." 

============================================================================

A/N: 

hey guys. I know this is a new book and you're probably thinking ugh boring! But it would mean the world to me if you shared this book and told others to start reading it. c: Also please vote and comment on what you think I could maybe do. What you like. Any questions and well anything! xx. 

ily all and stay active. <3