Chapter 23- A Storm Is a Bad Omen

Important____My just went to Canada like he does every year so now my mom has to drop me off at school, the problem is she is a doctor and she has to go to work very early.  Usually I worked for an hour every morning on chapters but that might not be able to happen now.

===========================================================================

Amy's POV-

Detention was a pain in the ass. All I could do was sit there and work on homework; more specifically the unfinished history packet assigned my Mrs. Rogers. When that was done I had other teachers' homework and assignments I could complete, and I did so. Overall It was a total bore. It was made even worse for the teacher in detention was the second person that was conspiring my downfall with Mrs. Rogers I swear it.... The person was.... My 5th period math teacher, Mr. Snow.

All through detention he just drummed his fingers on the wooden desk in the corner of the room while his mint green eyes swept across the room. They periodically landed on me and when they did he'd narrow them suspiciously as if he didn't quite trust me not to bolt out of the room any second.

I was so thankful when it was over and now before I went home I was planning to go and see if Poppy was home. Yet the ominous grey clouds far head in the distance felt like an omen.

               Maybe I should just go home...

My backpack was an extra weight I didn't like. I let a sigh escape me and it swirled in the air like smoke.

               Why is it so cold? It's the middle of spring yet it feels like the middle of winter.

A cool breeze nipped playfully at my skin. Somewhere behind me, I heard an angry shout that was quickly followed by the crash of a glass bottle, sending splinters of sharp, glittering, mirrors splashing among the alleyway.

I froze and almost though about looking back to see what had caused that commotions but thought better of it. I didn't want to get caught up... if there was something to get caught up in.

I heard another glittering crash followed by curses, but they were fainter now as I father away.

When I knocked on the looming dark oak door, Poppy's mom answered. "Oh hello, Amy what can I do for you?" She was wearing a cute apron and her dark red hair was done in a bun; a few strands escaped it though and few down her heart shaped face.

"Is Poppy home?" I asked politely.

"No, I haven't seen her." She didn't seem at all worried. "I wonder where she is?" She said aloud.

"Oh alright... Sorry for bothering you!" I replied turning back around and walking away.

                I swear that woman is daft, her daughter is missing yet she doesn't seem to care in the slightest.

"If you do happen to see her, tell her dinner is at 8:30!" Poppy's mother called out to me as I walked away. I snorted as I walked away determined to find Poppy while her incompetent mother closed the door behind me and continued to cook her dinner.

I followed the path of the sidewalks and retraced our favorite places to go and hideout when we didn't want to see the world. When I didn't find her in any of those places I went back to thinking. I was tapping my chin in thought when I ran into two people. Two burly people.