HOW TO OVERCOME DEPRESSION AND START A NEW LIFE Part 10

Like a lot of people, I have experienced depression in my life. It is one of the most debilitating illnesses in the world.

Depression strikes when a person has unfulfilled desires, past regrets, and fears. These unfulfilled desires cripple people from pursuing their life dreams.

It rears its ugly head when you sink into a state of extreme sadness. Sometimes insomnia will hit, often exhaustion occurs for no clear reason. This all leads to having difficulties performing everyday activities. If these symptoms persist for two weeks or more, depression seems to be the culprit.

If you find you cannot get rid of your depression, then seek medical attention. There is treatment for those who need help while they work on the issues that brought the depression on.

Depression doesn't just have a psychological impact on its victims. It has a physical, emotional and spiritual component to it.

A scientist at the University of Mississippi Medical Center (1999) has discovered abnormal brain cells in depressed people. She has identified two abnormal types of brain cells. They were also found in those who committed suicide.

Her research scanned the prefrontal cortex or 'gray matter' located behind the forehead. This area handles higher intellectual functions and the regulation of emotional and motivational behavior. She found in living subjects fewer glial cells in the brains of depressed people. Than in the brains of those who were not.

Having a concrete structure in your life is the best thing that you can do for yourself to battle depression.

If you work in an industry that you hate, and want something better in life, then make steps to gain what you want. The road may be long, but if you stay on it, it will take you to the end.

Conduct a little research to find out what you need to prepare for that dream job, that you never had the guts to try. Then map out what, how, when and where you're going to put this information into action mode. Don't let fear hold you back. Depression will soon be knocking at your door if you give into it.

We know that depression is crippling and can interfere with everyday activities. Crying fits without reason, thoughts consumed of life failures; it is time to do something about it. Do not let wasted years go by when you could have done something about it.

The enemy of our soul does not want us to succeed at anything in life. His goal is to keep us down, unfulfilled and useless human beings, and as far away from God as possible. When we have a structured life, and God is in our lives, we are sons and daughters of the King of Heaven. We are entitled to, and will enjoy, all that God has to offer us.