4. I Don't Speak Cursive

Harry's POV

I leaned back in my chair in frustration and crumpled up yet another sheet of paper. I couldn't seem to think of anything to write, I was so stressed. Things seemed to be happening too quickly, and with little satisfaction.

I felt rushed, and hurried; two things that I have felt for too long.

LA was nice, I enjoyed it. It was like a second home to me, but for some reason I felt the need to get away.

Adam spun around in his chair to face me "Hey Harry, you remember that guitarist guy I was telling you about?"

I nodded.

"Well, he said that he's looking for a job. You think maybe he could audition as your bassist?"

My head perked up as I turned around to face him and I smiled.

Finally, things were starting to move forwards, not such a dragging feeling. Hopefully we could get this guy to come in as soon as possible.

"Yes! Perfect! When's he free?" I asked with excitement.

"He doesn't do much other than class, so not before one o'clock on weekdays, he has classes in the mornings."

"Okay," I hummed and pinched my bottom lip. "Saturday, bring him over."

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Mitch's POV

"Hey Mitch. You free tomorrow?" Adam asked.

"Uhh, why? You wanna take me on a date?" I said with a stupid grin on my face.

"Ha. Yeah totally, but with another guy," he said while turning from the stove to face me.

"Woah, you mean a threesome?" I gasped and threw my hand up to my chest, attempting to imitate a southern Baptist woman as I turned my face from him. "I'm not that type of woman, Adam, you know me," I squeaked.

Adam huffed and turned back around to stir his now very crispy Mac and cheese. "No. Obviously not, I mean that guy I've been working with who was looking for a bassist, he wants to meet up and see if you could maybe be the guy for the job."

"Wait, shut up...you're joking right?" I exclaimed.

Adam laughed at my obvious excitement, "No I'm serious, he says he wants to hear some of your stuff."

"Oh my goodness! You're awesome!" I kissed the top of his head and ran to my room to call my mom.

"Hey, don't get too excited! You still have to help me set up the drinks for tonight!" he shouted as I ran to my room.

Ugh, I forgot the party was tonight, crap. This was obviously the last thing on my mind at the moment, I just wanted to sit on my bed and scream. I never dreamt that an actually successful person would want to hire me to be in their band. Wow.

I didn't even change for the party, I just kept my blue jeans and band t-shirt.

As people started arriving, I started to wish I had invited some people that I knew, because I realized that I knew none of them. Until...

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Olivia's POV

"Hey, Mary where are those denim shorts I let you borrow last week?"

No answer.

I was cut off as I marched to her room. "Bitch, if I find them in your-"

She threw them at my face.