27. Mr. Rick

The days that passed after we got back to California seemed to drag. I stayed in my dorm and I didn't go out with Harry or the guys. I was horrified with myself, I couldn't believe I had done what I did.

I wanted Harry so badly. I wanted to talk to him, I wanted to comfort him when he was discouraged. I never wanted to see him cry again. I cried for days after just reminding myself how beautiful his smile was, how I had given that up for pride.

I had to apologise to him. He had to know how I felt. He had to know how when he laughed, my heart flipped in my chest. I wanted him to know that he was my world, my everything. I wanted to tell him how incredibly stupid I was for rejecting him. I wanted to hold his hand as we walked. I wanted to hold him, embrace him, I wanted to feel his warmth, his love. I knew I wouldn't be happy until he knew how I felt. Whether he was still angry with me and didn't want to be with me. I still had to tell him. I wanted to let him love me.

As I laid on my bed, I heard a knock at my door. As I stood up to go answer it, a text lit up my phone screen. It was Mitch. I opened the text, saying that he was at my door and to let him in right now or he was going to sneak in through the window. I smiled and closed my phone, walking to the front door.

"Hey--" He whispered empathetically. "Harry told me what happened. Why haven't you been answering your phon--" I cut him off by wrapping my arms around his neck and crying into his shoulder. He paused and slowly placed his arms around my back and hummed as he laid his cheek on the crown of my head.

"Hey, it's ok Olivia--" He rocked me slowly as I lost my breath as I sobbed. "Are you ok? Why are you crying?" He rubbed my back.

"How is Harry?"

"Uhhh-- he's," He pursed his lips and nodded slowly. "he's definitely been better- I guess." He frowned slightly. "But hey don't worry about it, you're not supposed to just say yes to any guy who asks you out." He shrugged his shoulders as I continued wiping tears spilling from my eyes.

"Yeah Mitch I know that but I hurt him when I didn't have to--" I turned and walked to the couch. "I feel the same about him and I fucking lied because I was scared to admit to my feelings." I laid my face in my hands as I began crying again. "Mitch I don't know what to do." I looked up at him, my eyes red and swollen and my head throbbing in pain from how long I had been crying.

Five days had passed since we arrived back home and I hadn't seen or heard from Harry, and I didn't know how to contact him.

"Wait you like him back?" He squinted his eyes at me. "Well why the hell did you say you didn't have any feelings for him?"

"That's what I'm telling you Mitch I'm scared." I laid my hands on my thighs as he walked over and sat next to me.

"You wanna talk about it?"

I nodded, my chin tightening as tears began rolling down my cheeks. "Harry is amazing-- I think we all know that." I looked at Mitch who was nodding his head at me. "But I feel like I'm gonna mess things up. I'm not emotionally prepared to be in a relationship. I hardly know what my emotions are Mitch--" he rubbed my back as I told him my fears of what could happen. "I don't want to lose him because I'm immature."

Mitch smiled at me and pulled me against his chest. "Don't be scared Olivia, everything is going to be alright you just have to go with your gut. I don't think anyone, including myself, thought that I would get into a lasting relationship. But it's easier than you think. You just have to communicate with him." I looked up at him as he smiled. "Not everyone cheats Olivia--"

"You're right." I sighed as I stood and went to get an ibuprofen. "I'm gonna do it. I have to tell him."

"Come to the studio." Mitch said nonchalantly. "That way you two can talk in person. I think he really does like you a lot Olivia, he'll understand everything."