18. Punch Me Daddy.

Do you ever feel a sense of maturity when you do your laundry before you run out of clean clothes?

...Nobody?

...Me either.

I hated doing the laundry, I would rather smell like over worn jeans and musty t-shirts than sit on my bed for hours at a time, folding my excessive amount of clothing.

'What did they make perfume for then?'

Laundry day was a living hell for me. I would spend my entire day, washing, drying, folding... I was in complete agony.

'What choices did you make to get us here bitch?' I forcefully folded one of my t-shirts, calling myself an oh so familiar name which had become almost endearing. 'Stop waiting four months to wash your damn clothes you asshole.'

...Very endearing...

As I spoke to myself while doing my very necessary chores, my phone buzzed on my night table.

I groaned as I reluctantly reached over the mountain of clothes blocking my reach to the small wooden night stand.

"Are you coming with us tonight?" I received a text from Sarah, asking if I was going with them to the movies that evening.

I wanted to say no, but Mary was right, I was wrong for thinking that I should hide from my fears, I needed to grow up and take control of my actions.

I pursed my lips in thought as I wiggled my thumbs over the top of the screen, waiting for something to say came to my head.

"Yes!" I replied, mentally bopping myself on the forehead for sounding so desperate.

'Really? They're gonna think you have nothing better to do...'

'...but I don't,' I counter argued.

'Shut up stupid.'

"As long as it isn't scary," I said, double texting. "I'm not very keen on shitting my pants in public."

"Or anytime for that matter..." I added quickly.

Suddenly my phone screen went blank as I saw Sarah's contact name show up.

She had called me.

'Since when is this ok?'  I thought as I unplugged the charger and leaned back to my original position. 'Texting is a thing for a reason.'

"Hey girl! Whats up?" I enthused throught the phone, picking at my already painfully short nails.

"Hey so Mitch told me that you don't have a car?" She questioned cautiously.

'Dude. That hurted.'

"Ye-ha... thats right... sorry, I wish I did that way I didnt have to rely on someone to always pick me up." I apologized, feeling bad for being so dependant on my friends.

"No!" She laughed. "Don't be! I just need to know when Harry is gonna be out of the studio, He's gonna be right there, he could probably pick you up."  She made sure to ease my insecurity a little.

"Harry?" I gulped softly so she couldn't hear me. "You know," I laughed nervously. "I could just call an uber, that would be easier for everyone." I lightheartedly pleaded.

"Oh don't worry about it," She laughed at my obvious nervousness. "I'll see you at the theater, bye love."

"Oh-k." I forced a laugh. "See ya."

'Fuck.'

~

"Hey... are you ok?" Harry asked, turning his head slightly to look at me as he drove from my dorm to the movie theater. "You've been really quiet all evening..."