6. Knock Yourself Out Buddy.

Olivia's pov

Friday night... I don't think I was over it yet. It had been a few days but... my pride, it was just... completely shattered. I stayed home the whole weekend and was either whining to Mary about things that were completely irrelevant, stuffing my face with whatever food was in our fridge, or sleeping.

When I left the party, I walked back to my room, sat on my bed, and stared at the wall for a few hours. My emotions were not very established at the time. I was mostly confused. That was the last thing I had expected from him. And to be perfectly honest I was surprised that Adam was the only one to stand up for me... Where was Charlotte when I needed her? She's my best friend right? I barely even know Adam.

I was hurt on multiple levels.

"He totally embarrassed me in front of... Basically EVERYONE." I whined as I walked into Mary's room wearing my fluffy robe and slippers.

She rolled her eyes when she saw my clothes. "Olivia... it's 3 o'clock.... why haven't you changed yet?" She asked dryly.

"Don't bother me about that, I'm moping" I mumbled while plopping myself on her bed, and laying my head on her lap.

"I thought you said you were over it," she said while stroking my unruly hair back. "you said that you weren't going to let him get to you."

"You see that's the problem," I sat up and looked at her. "I don't want to let it get to me, but... it is. It totally is. I thought we were friends and he kinda ripped my heart out of my chest." My eyes burning now from the tears forming. "I wish he would have told me that he didnt like me before, so that I wouldn't be so embarrassed. I've spent this whole semester talking to him and thinking we were friends."

She grabbed my hands and pressed her forehead to mine. "Don't. Let. Him. Break. Your. Spirit." She smiled "He's just a hater... and what do we say about haters?"

My eyes squinted as I stared at her blankly.

"A fuck must be earned. You can't go around with a bucket of fucks, giving them out to everyone. If someone earns it, then you give a fuck..." she smiled sweetly at me. "He did not earn it."

Who does she think she is? Aristotle?

"Um... hehe..." I let out an awkward laugh. "since when has that been 'our' saying?"

She grunted and pushed me away as she walked out of the room.

"I'm never giving you my wisdom ever again!" She called through the apartment.

"You're like an old and wise Chinese man." I yelled back "But like... ghetto."

I could hear the fridge slam shut as she giggled "Shut up Olivia."

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Mitch's pov

It's been exactly two days since my interview with Harry. And I can't stop checking my phone to see if he's called to tell me that he 'would just love to hire me and he can't wait till I start.'

But he was taking ages to call me.

I'm losing my mind...

I heard a knock at my door. "Hey Mitch... can I talk to you?" Adam said through the wood.

Oh my gosh yay it's Adam, he probably has news on Harry.

I quickly responded, "Yeah sure come in."

The door slowly squeaked open, and Adam stepped in, remaining near the door. "Hey... uh... about the other night," he said cautiously. "it's about that girl, Olivia I think was her name... anyway. I think you should really apologize to her... I feel like you really scared her when you lashed out like that."

Maybe he's right... no way, she's been asking for it for months... but how could she have known that I felt that way, I never told her.

"Ahh Adam I don't know man, she's really been bugging me for months now, I feel like she had it coming." I said while getting up to pretend like I was doing something.

"No, I don't think so, she seems really sweet, and you were an ass. Did you see the look on her face when you said those things to her?"

Absolute shock, that's what her facial expressions were, I saw it, I knew it was wrong.

"Well what do you suggest I do?" I asked while crossing my arms in defeat.

Adam rolled his eyes as me. "I don't know, just some apology shit, get her a card or something." He opened the door slightly and began to back out of the room. "But make it sincere, don't fake it." He pleaded, shutting the door after him.

I let out an audible sigh. This is going to be hell. What do I even say? Should I get her some almonds?

~

I drove to Walgreens later that day to find a card or something so I could give it to her the next day after class.

Birthday... Funny birthday... Sympathy... where the hell are the 'I'm so fucking sorry' cards? I hummed and scratched the back of my neck.

Finally, after what seemed like ages, I found a card in the back of the rack, it said, 'Sorry I was a bit of a Twat.'

"Perfect." I grinned and walked to the cashier.

"Will that be all sir?" The lady behind the register said while smacking on her bubble gum and tilting her head of pink hair to the side.

"Yeah this is it." I said with a gloomy sigh. "Hey... before I leave, can I ask for your advice?"

"Knock yourself out buddy." She said nonchalantly.

"What would you recommend getting for someone as an apology gift for yelling at them... because you actually really don't like them, and they keep bugging you, and you finally just snapped at them," I said throwing my hands up for emphasis. "and you feel guilty, but you don't want them to think that y'all are chill, but you don't want them to hate you," I ranted, begining to pace back and forth in front of the desk. "Even though you're not too fond of them, you feel bad because she's a really nice girl...
and I'm just an asshole." I finished at almost a whisper. Did I just say that out loud? My jaw went limp as I looked up to see the poor flabbergasted cashier.

"It sounds to me like you could use a good smoke." She said after a few moments of painful silence.

I chuckled and shook my head.
"Yeah, you're telling me."

~

Hello my sweet, ehem... spicy, chili flakes.

Sorry, it's been a couple of days, a bitch getting lazy.

Fyi, I realize that its taking a while for Olivia and Harry to meet, but I need relationship development before that can happen.

*classic YouTuber voice*

Don't forget to like and subscribe! link down below! BYEEEEEEEEE.

anywhays

AlL ThE hEckiNg lOVe