thinking bout you || bbh

member : baekhyun

type : emotional fluff

traits / qualities : soldier baekhyun x wife reader

requested by : jaebird236

»I'm just thinkin' bout you«

ëxø

Y/N's POV

"I-I'm leaving."

I blinked, not understanding the dark look over Baekhyun's beautiful features.

"Then go ahead?" I tilted my head with confusion. "Make sure to not forget the keys so you don't lock yourself out when you come back," I laughed lightly.

"No, I-I won't be coming back that easy."

I felt my throat close. My chest went tight and my lungs began to burn.

"Baek-"

"I was called to duty this morning. I'll be leaving with the troops by tonight."

His eyes now rose to meet mine, my tear filled eyes unable to read any emotion in his dull ones. His eyes would glow, giving off the deepness no ocean could compare to. Yet today seemed an exception to that statement.

I had nothing to say to him. It felt like I couldn't even breathe, let alone speak. What would I say to him? Congratulations, I hope you come back alive? His role as an active soldier always put fear in the pit of my stomach no matter what.

He was released from the team when things cooled down for his department and they didn't need to be used. They weren't requested to help either as the others kept things under control just fine.

"There was a sudden attack by the shore where the bombs were planted last week. The citizens were rushed to shelter, but that was soon taken over by the enemy."

I felt frozen. My heart hadn't been beating, I was sure of it. I couldn't part my lips to breathe and I felt ready to fall on the floor unconscious. It never had been that bad before for when he was called for work. I never had much of an issue since I knew it was important and that he was strong. His team never failed, no record of their loss possible in any of their records.

That had been until he was taken hostage during a surprise attack.

Got these thoughts in my head.

The torture that was done to him could never be burned out of my memory. Each scar now imprinted into his skin and every cut, bruise, showed the pain he had gone through. Physical torture wasn't the only thing done to him, he was driven near crazy until he reached the door of death. His spine was burned, the skin dead but unable to fall off. Blades dug into his skin until chunks of blood would spurt out. The marks of whips over his skin tore me to shreds. When he was able to come back, he wasn't himself. His eyes lifeless, he spoke blandly, doing nothing but staring at walls every day when he'd wake. Even when he was able to sleep, he'd wake screaming until I held him, each of his sobs shooting through me.

Ain't no way to forget.

So what now?

I just fake a shaking smile and pat his back for luck? I hope you don't come back dead but still living? I couldn't even move, let alone think of something to say to him. I had no idea what to do. I was overwhelmed by fear, no doubt. The horror washed me through me the first time, I wasn't sure if I was ready to let him go for a second time.