Chapter 3: La Mort Noire

Favoritism-
The only ones that say it doesn't exist are the ones who are getting and giving it.

-Anonymous

"Look at you." Cush smirked. "Scared. Yes?"

  Elias could hear his disturbing voice through the constant pat of the falling rain. His mouth refused to open, and even if it would allow him to speak, he was at lost for words. A small laugh left Cush's lips as Eli's silence was enough to confirm it.

"I can see it all over your face." He said, stepping closer to him. No matter how hard Elias tried to move, his legs stood stiff; completely paralyzed in fear. He used everything in him not to panic. He's never lost control of himself. Never had a reason to, until now, but he refused. "Weakness."

He could hear his steps as they met the tiny puddles of water on the ground.

Pit-pat...pit-pat...splash.

He was standing in front of him now. Face to face. Cush was taller; thin. His presence was brooding and heavy. Eli was terrified. It was too much. The overwhelming queasiness manifested in Eli's stomach. He hated it. The fear; how it consumed him in every way. Physique wise, Elias knew he was stronger; knew he could rough him up with no problem. That wasn't what was stopping him. No. He couldn't move.

"New guy...tough guy." Cush snorted, tilting his head. "What are you scared of? The body?"

Eli felt the warm putrid feeling rise in his throat.

"Death?"

An acidy, bitter taste flooded his mouth.

"Me?"

He turned to the side, gagging as the explosion of bile escaped him. He could hear Cush laugh as he chucked up the last bit. His eyes watered as the burning, tingling sensation overtook his throat and mouth.

"Damn." Cush continued to chuckle, watching him. "Get it all out...wow, you actually ate their lunch?"

Eli staggered back, regaining his composure. He watched Cush take another step towards him; hands reaching out and Elias moved back, instantly getting defensive. Cush furrowed his brows before his face relaxed as realization dawned upon him.

"Really? You think I killed her?"

Elias said nothing, wiping away at his mouth; unable to think clearly.

"If I killed her, you think you'd still be breathing?" Eli's wheezing picked up as he met his eyes once more. "You'd be implying I'm a terrible murderer-not covering up my tracks. I'd have happily done it while you were too busy being a coward. It'd be easy. I don't even like you."

Eli furrowed his brows.

Cush scoffed. "More so, I wouldn't have left the body in such way. So...careless. It's degrading."

Eli watched as the boy in front of him thought too deeply on the subject. Though, the way the boy was putting it did sound quite crazy, oddly enough, knowing how he would have done it compared to how it was done made Elias relax a little.

"You think I'd still be here?"

"What are you doing here?" Eli finally spoke, and Cush paused, tucking his hands in his pockets.