Chapter 20: Guilt

Sunday...
      12:02am...

"I love Wendy's." Rocco took a deep breath, looking back to the rest of the boys walking into the restaurant.

"I bet you just love it's smell of cheap meat, spilled ketchup, and old onions, huh?" Porter joined him and Rocco scoffed.

"No. I love it's warmth. Unlike someone, Wendy's shares freely." Rocco corrected before mumbling as Porter dismissed his comment. "Plus it's open twenty four hours and within my budget." Rocco twisted around to see the tall, pale boy in the back. "I'm sure this is all new territory for you. You're probably used to eating crapes and all that right?"

"It's pronounced crêpes." Cush didn't bother looking at him as his dark eyes roamed the small area of booths and spaced out wooden tables with their matching chairs. "And no. I prefer to eat burgers...with bacon."

Elias curiously looked up at him, earning a shrug from Cush.

"Can I help you boys?" A soft-spoken voice asked.

"Oh not yet." Rocco replied, his eyes finally noticing the beautiful asian girl with straight black hair and brown eyes behind the register. She looked surprisingly well kept in her plain uniform and cap. Her brows were thick and precisely trimmed; her wonder filled eyes slightly stretched and her lips patted red. "On second thought--"

"We're waiting for others." Porter interrupted, ignoring Rocco's glare.

"Oh." She smiled brightly. "Let me know when you're ready."

"We will." Sunshine returned the gesture, bouncing on his toes.

  They had all decided to meet at the nearest place to hold the meeting, and with everyone being hungry, Wendy's seemed like the perfect option. Porter had messaged the girls, and although they were confused with the time, they agreed to come anyways. There was so much to learn and so much to tell; Elias was both anxious and excited. He knew Cush was intrigued as well, though his cold eyes remained aloof, and Sunshine's on going toe-bouncing was evidence enough he was too.

"What a cockblock." Rocco narrowed his eyes.

"Yeah, right." Porter pulled out his phone. "As if you had a chance."

"Look who's talking." He crossed his arms. "You're just mad because I actually do have a chance with Ms. Golden over there unlike you."

"I don't want Ms. Golden." Porter shrugged.

"Oh that's right. You want Bausy." Rocco teased. "Still. I could get any girl I wanted with these looks." He temporarily slicked a side of his loose, curly hair down with his hand. "Especially her, if you'd stop sabotaging."

The sudden chuckle leaving Cush's lips caused Rocco to peer back with narrowed eyes. "What are you laughing at?"

"You." Cush replied brazenly. "Desperation is entertaining. Please continue."

Elias couldn't help but snort at Cush's blatant candor.

"I'm not desperate." Rocco gave a cocky grin. "I'm actually smooth."

"Smooth?" Porter almost laughed, raising both his hands. "Prove it--shoot your shot. I won't say a thing."

"You know what. I will." Rocco rose his chin high. "Watch and learn."

"Before you do." Her soft voice called. "Just know that Ms. Golden has ears, and she also has a boyfriend." The smile on her face returned just as bright as it was before. "Not interested."

Rocco stood frozen; his mouth slightly opening and closing as he tried to remember how to speak.

"Ouch." Porter whispered before Rocco cleared his throat, looking back at the rest of them, noticing their pursed lips and amused eyes.