T W O

His legs trembled in fear as he clutched the piece of paper tightly in his palm.

He took a step forward but stopped. Quickly he pulled out a handkerchief out of his crisply ironed pant's pocket and wiped his sweaty forehead.

Madam hates nervous people, he reminded himself. He needed to be confident and submit his absence reason letter.

God knows, he was scared as hell.

Taking a deep breath, he knocked on the wooden door of his Madam's office.

"Come in."

Hearing his Madam's usual blank tone, he braced himself and entered the small office.

"Good morning Madam," he spoke out, "I.. I am here to submit my absence letter."

He could feel his made-up confidence wearing out as he saw Ms. Shanaya Oberoi close the file she was reading and place it on the table.

She then faced him.

He bit the inside of his cheek to keep from blabbering nonsense.

"Mr. Jay Thakur," she raised her perfectly plucked eyebrow at him, "I see that you have finally decided to grace me with your presence."

She smirked in a fearfully sarcastic way. Her mouth tightly set in a line a second later.

"Ma'am, It was an emergency... my wife went into labor, I had to be with her," he reasoned with his boss.

Shanaya felt herself softening, yet she maintained her indifferent look. She knew every detail about all of her staff, so she also knew that Jay's wife was pregnant but it was only her 7th month. Premature delivery, she concluded.

Yet she wanted to be sure. In a world full of liers she couldn't trust anyone. She wouldn't.

"Okay, I'll let you off this time," she told him, "but be sure to submit your absence letter and your baby's birth certificate."

With that she turned to finish examining the report files and dismissed him who had a bewildered look on his face.

She was used to it.

Her small event management business, 'Fete n' Fiesta Company' was on its way to shutting down. With hardly 3-4 small events in their hands each month, the profits were shrinking.

In such a crucial time of business, when the staff should focus on expanding their work, they were enjoying holidays instead. This made her angry again.

1. Jay Thakur
2. Maya Chauhan
3. Jafar Khan

One down, two to go.

She left her conjusted make-shift office and proceeded towards the office space of her six office staff members.

"Where is Maya?" She asked one of her workers.

"Uh... Ma'am, she hasn't arrived yet. She must be on her way," she hesitantly answered her.

Just then, a voluptuous brunette girl sauntered into their office, her gaze still not falling on her very angry boss.

She pulled down her silk blouse to reveal a load of cleavage and leaned down on the desk of a co-worker and whispered a seductive Hello.

Shanaya cleared her throat in annoyance at this extra-promiscuous worker of hers.

Maya's gaze fell upon her boss and she gasped. She hadn't seen her there before. Fear of losing her job and anticipation of the incoming insult filled her.

"Where were you yesterday?" Shanaya asked her straight up.

"I.. I.." she struggled to answer.

"Um... Ma'am, she had a gas problem yesterday, so yesterday she didn't want to get the office all...smelly," a friend of Maya, also her co-worker piped in.