First mistakes

I walked out of the school, feeling sad and miserable. My name is not in the list of the SIFA. How could this be? They even wrote my name in the letter. Was that false news? Why they didn't tell me sooner and make me come all the way here for nothing?

Still, remember the way back home, I slowly walked back since there was no purpose for me to be there anymore. As I arrived and walked into the cafe, Aunt Cass saw me and welcomed me. I tried my best to give her my best smile and fortunately, she buys it. "Hello, Aunt Cass. Can I have maybe a large hot chocolate and this, this, this, this and this? I'll pay later." I ordered.

"Oh don't worry about the price, but are you sure you can finish them all? This is almost two to three people serving." Aunt Cass asked as she took out the food and handed me the tray.

"I eat a lot to cheer me up when I'm feeling down." I then walked to the very corner and began to gobble the food slowly. Stop for a while and eat again, looking throughout the window for quite a while and eat again, making a blank emotionless face for a while and eat again. These actions kept on repeating until Tadashi suddenly sat in front of me. There I realised, I had been there till noon.

"Wow, that was a long respond. What were you thinking? " Tadashi asked cuz I did realise that he had been calling my names for a long time when I was totally zoned out. "By the way, how's school?"

His questions suddenly made me feel down again. "I... didn't get in."

"Eh? How come?" he said in shock.

"Sending the wrong letter, maybe it was not for me." I then made a fake laugh, "I knew it that there is no such thing as luck. I mean, how could someone like me, who are not good in studies can get the chance to go in such a high education?"

"Well I don't think so... when you are not good in something doesn't mean that you will be bad in everything. Beside... Now where is it... " he said as he looked through this bag and took out an envelope. "I think this might cheer you up."

He handed me the envelope, instead from SIFA the letter is from SIFT. Without any thought, I opened the letter and said it aloud, 'We want to apologise for the sudden mistakes due to our technology error. We welcome you to study at San Fransokyo Institute Technology (SIFT) instead of San Fransokyo Institute Art (SIFA). You are ready to come whenever you are ready.'

I can't believe this is actually true! Thank you, Tadashi! You are my lifesaver!

Jessi read the letter aloud, she suddenly stood up at with her eyes grew wide at the same time. Slowly sat down and covered her face on the table with her both arm. Wait, it was good news for her, so she should be happy.

All of a sudden, I hear a small sniff sound. She was crying. I could felt that her heart had settled down after the mental breakdown and I couldn't help myself to reach over to her and patted her head to comfort her.

From there, my heart skipped again from her action.