Chapter 1

It the year 1972, Joey a man with short brown, hair and brown eyes, wearing a light brown suit and tie, with black shoes, was walking Mary, a girl with brown, long hair, wearing a red dress and red shoes, was also his girlfriend, up to the house.
It was a two story home with a few steps that led up to a porch. The porch went almost all the way around the house. The porch had a roof over it.
They walked up the stairs to the door. Joey opened the door for Mary and they walked in together.
They walked into a living room that was nicely decorated. It had party decorations all over. It was a birthday party for her little sister, Abigail. She was 9 years old, her hair was long and honey colored, she wore a pink dress and was going barefoot.
Abigail, ran up to her sister as she came in, saying, "Mary!"
"Abi!" said Mary huging her little sister.
Abi looked at Joey as he said, "Hi, Abi."
Abi walked away.
Joey laughed, "She's so cute."
"Mary!" said her Mom, she had brown hair and brown eyes, she was wearing a blue dress and navy blue shoes.
She walked up to Mary and gave her a hug, then looked at Joey and shook his hand, saying, "Nice to see you, again, Joey."
"Nice to see you too, Mrs. Parker."
"I'm glad you two came," her mom looked at Mary, "Your father's going to be happy to see you, Mary, it's been so long, since you've been here. How was Colorado?"
"It was great," said Mary, "We went to see Pikes Peak, went hiking it was a lot of fun."
"It sure was." said Joey, happily
"Mary!" said her cousin, Bethany, who was in her early 20s. She had long blond hair and green eyes, she wore a blue dress.
They hugged, "Beth, how are you?"
"Doing good."
They let go of their embrace.
"How's your little sister?"
"She good."
"Is she here?"
"Yeah." said a voice behind her.
It was her little cousin, Grace. She had dirty blond hair, she wore a red dress and was also barefoot.
"Hey, Grace, how are you?"
"Good." She said, then walked away.
"Mary!"
Mary turned around and saw her aunt and uncle walking up to her.
"Aunt Lois, Uncle Peter.
They hugged.
"How are you, guys?" asked Mary
"We're doing fantastic, thanks. How are you Joey?"
"Doing great, thanks."
They hugged him, then went into the kitchen.
"Mary!" her mom called
Mary, Joey and Beth walked into the kitchen, to find food on the, beautifully decorated, table.
"Yes, mom?"
"David."
He looked at Mary, chuckled, then hugged her.
"Hey, sweetie."
"Hey, dad."
"Glad you could make it."
He looked at Joey, "Joey."
"Hey, Mr. Parker."
"Alright," said David, "Now that everyone's here, let's say grace."
They all bowed their heads and David started to pray, "Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful family, thank you for my wonderful wife and daughters. Thank you my daughter, Abigail, for making it another year and thank you for my daughter Mary for making it home safe with Joey. Thank you for the food and drinks, in Jesus name, amen. Alright let's grab our food and eat."
"Yeah." said Abi
They all laughed.
Later, after the party was over, everyone left and all who was left was Mary, Joey, Mary's parents and her little sister.
Mary hugged her parents and Abi, then left with Joey.
Joey drove Mary to her apartment and dropped her off. Joey left and Mary walked in. Mary walked up the stairs, up to her apartment, because the elevator was out of order.
As soon as she got to her apartment, to unlock the door, she heard a voice beside her, "Hello."
She turned to see a handsome man, who smiled at her.
"Hello." said Mary, nervously
"I'm Steven, I'm new here, I just moved to L.A., today."
"Oh, really?"
"Yeah, so can you tell me, are you single?"
Mary was surprised to hear him ask such a thing, she paused for a second, then laughed, saying, "Yes." She then caught herself, but before she could say, no, he said, "Well, would you like to come into my apartment and have dinner with me?"
"I hardly know you, you don't even know my name."
"Well, what is it?"
"Mary Parker. Look, I think, maybe we could have dinner another time."
"Sounds great."

The next day, Mary made herself coffee, when there was a knock on the door. She grabbed herself a cup and walked to the door.
When she opened it, it was Steven.
"Oh, hi, Steven, what are you doing here?"
"I came to say hi, so, hi."
She laughed, "Won't you come in."
As he did, Joey, who was holding flowers, saw him walk in, but no one noticed him, standing on the steps.
The door shut and Joey walked up to the door and listened.
"Welcome to my apartment, would you like some coffee?"
"Uh, yes, please."
He followed her, to the kitchen, she poured him a cup, and gave it to him.
"Thank you," he said, "Now, you remember when you told me we could have dinner another time?"
Joey was shocked to hear this.
"Yes."
"Well, how about tonight?"
"Oh, well, I don't know."
"Oh, come on, Mary, I'd really like it if we could. I know we don't really know each other, that well, but, would you, please?"
"Well, uh," she hesitated, "Sure, why not."
Joey was shocked, then anger rose inside of him, so, he ran down the stairs, then he stopped at the edge of the last step, walking back up.
Steven put his coffee down, on the counter. "Great, I'll pick you up, tonight, at 8:00. I'll see you around, Mary."
After he left, she looked out the window, with shame. There was another knock on the door.