Chapter 6

As soon as Joey and David were outside, David said, "Can't you tell me why you lied to Colombo?"
Joey sighed, "I found out that she was cheating on me and that extra coffee cup was probably for the other guy."
"What? My daughter? Cheating? No, there's no way, she's a good Christain, now, why would she do that?"
He started to walk to his car.
"Joey!"
Columbo walked outside, he and David saw Joey leave in his car.
Columbo looked at David, "Hey, Mr. Parker."
"Hey, Columbo." He sighed
"Are you alright, sir?"
"I just found out that my daughter was cheating on Joey."
"Who told you this?"
"Well, that would be Joey, lieutenant."
"He told you this?"
"Yes."
"How did he know this?"
"He wouldn't tell me. I pretty much asked him, why do you think she'd do a thing like that and he just left."
"Without answering?"
"Pretty much, yeah."
"Hmm, well, thank you, very much, sir, uh, good bye, Mr. Parker." Columbo turned around and started walking away.
"Good bye, lieutenant. Oh, lieutenant?"
"Yes?"
"Never mind."
Columbo started to walked back to him, "Oh, hey, it's alright, what is it you wanted to tell me?"
"I don't want to seem like a tattletale."
"It's O.K., please, tell me."
"I think he lied about the coffee."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, he doesn't like coffee."
"Listen, uh, say no more. I don't want you to get in any trouble. I'll check this out, don't worry. Well, good bye, Mr. Parker."
"Good bye, lieutenant."
Columbo walked away.

Columbo drove to a house, in his light grey, 1959 Peugeot convertable, that was two stories. He drove into a driveway and parked his car. He got out of the car and knocked on the door.
The door opened and there was Joey, who was surprised to see him, "Lieutenant Columbo, what are you doing here?"
"This has been bothering me for a while, uh, I'd like to ask you, do you really like coffee? I mean, do you really?"
"What kind of question is that?"
"Mr. Davis, will you please answer the question?"
"Are you serious?"
"Yes, sir, and I'd like it if you could answer."
"What if I don't?"
"You don't want to do that, sir."
Joey opened the door wider."
The house was well decorated and furnished.
"This is a nice house, I mean, really, look at this couch," He walked up to a nice looking, brown, 1960s couch. "This is a lovely couch, you know? My wife would love this couch."
"Lieutenant?"
"Huh? Oh, yeah, are you going to answer my question?"
"Yeah, your right, I lied, I don't like coffee. Is that all?"
"Uh, well, since I'm here, I'd like to ask you a few more questions, uh," he searched his coat for a notepad, he finally got one out, then he searched his pocket for a pen. "Um, do you-"
Joey handed him a pen.
"Thanks, now, uh, do you know anyone, besides Mary, who likes coffee?"
"Her mom and dad love it. That's all I know."
"I see, so it's just them, that you know, that likes coffee?"
"Yes, oh, wait, some of her friends did, too."
"Can you give me the names?"
"Yeah, uh, Jessica O'Neal, Ellie Rose and Jasmine Daigle."
Columbo wrote in his notepad, "Is that all?"
"Yes, now, will you, please, leave? I'm a little busy, with my work."
Columbo saw a coffee table in front of the couch, it had papers on it, as well as a typewriter."
"Are you a writer?"
"Yes, I write books for children."
"You know, it's funny, I saw a typewritrr at Mary's apartment. Was she a writer too?"
"Yes, she also did the same, sometimes we'd compete to see whose book was better. Of course there were no winners, it would always be a tie."
"I see," he wrote in his notepad.
"May I take a look?"
"Yes."
Columbo looked at the typewriter and the papers. He read what was on them. "Oh, these are good."
"Thank you. Now, is that all?"
"Uh, yes, sir," he walked to the door, "I'll, uh, leave you, now. Good bye, sir."
"Bye."
Columbo opened the door and walked out, shutting it.

It was evening, Columbo was walking out of another house, with a woman with long, red, wavy hair. She was dressed nicely, in a blue dress.
"Thanks for the help." Columbo said, then he shook his head.
"Is something wrong?"
"Oh, uh, well, I just can't get my head around the coffee. I went to all of Mary Parker's friends, who I knew, liked coffee, and none of them said they were at here apartment, the day she was, well, you know."
"Yeah."
"Good bye, Mrs. O'Neal." He started to turn around.
"Uh, lieutenant?"
He turned around, "Yes, ma'am?"
"Do you think it could of been someone at the apartment?"
Columbo laughed, "You know, ma'am, that's good, that could be, ma'am," he turned around and started walking away, "That could be."