Chapter 2

Flashbacks replayed in Castiel's mind as he walked up the driveway to Dean's house. Nights where they sat outside, drank, played games, acted like animals. There were bonfires and such. They were just crazy teenagers having a good time without a care in the world. They'd been best friends since 6th grade. Nothing would ever change their bond. Even when Cas found out Dean was pregnant, he was fully supportive and vowed to help whenever it was needed. He felt really bad for them though.  They were poor, without a father... the guy must of been a dead beat somewhere. Cas didn't even know his name. He felt like he recently hadn't been keeping his promise of helping. But the second he walked up to the house, everything changed.

"I'm gonna help my best friend again," he mumbled to himself. "I don't need a woman to keep me sane." He knocked on the door.

Jack wiped his face and went to open the door and grinned when he saw it was him. “Mr. Cas!”

He couldn't help but smile back and curl his knuckles into a fist to bump the little boy's. He was trying so hard to be 'cool' and 'hip.'  "Hey Jackie!!" He trailed off when he saw how red the boy's eyes were and then he knelt down. "What's wrong?"

Jack’s smile fell and he looked down at his hands. “T-Today is father’s day... I don’t have one of those... and people make fun of me for it."

"Hmph." He decided to pick the little boy up and took him to the kitchen and sat him on the counter. "Not everyone needs a dad. You're lucky. You have a really strong and amazing mom. He doesn't sleep around and always puts you first, that's so great! I know you don't know what one of those means, but trust me. You have the strongest mother I've ever met in my entire life." He backed up to grab a bag of goldfish just for a snack.

“But he is always working. Always. He is never home but when he is he sleeps..”

He sighed, "I know. But it's really hard to keep the house and keep food and heat for you two... especially on a minimum wage job. He doesn't have a very good education so he could actually have you and try. Cut him some slack, please... he's really trying for you buddy."

He nodded and wiped his eyes. “Why are you here when mommy isn’t home?”

"I'm babysitting!!!" He was excited.

"For how long? I miss mom..."

Cas bit his lip. "Uhm. Tonight.  Tomorrow... We can go have dinner with mommy tonight."

“Okay... can we play twister? I've heard you're good at it!" Jack grinned from ear to ear.

"I'm horrible at it buddy." He smirked and ruffled his hair but went to get the game out of the closet.

《¤》

Dean was having a hard time at work already only an hour after his normal shift he was starting to get tired.  There was a group of alphas that came in to eat and weren’t hesitant to be grabby with him.

"Hey sugarlips?" One yelled and another catcalled. They looked about 40. Like a biker gang.

Dean turned around, scared but annoyed. "Yes?"

"Can you and your pretty ass fetch me a drink? My name is Russel." He winked one of his shit colored eyes.

"Me and my pretty ass can get you a beer. Nothing more." He quickly left to take care of it.

Their animal like activity, touching omegas, making a scene, holding up the best waiter, it made a lot of customers mad. Most weren't even getting any service because of how crowded the place was. Dean got them the beer then was basically running to serve everyone else. Aidan and Briette were helping, but the guys were bothering them too. Especially Briette, who was obviously about to go into heat. Dean made her go take a break and he worked twice as hard.

Things calmed down in the diner as the rush our crowd left. Somehow everything went back to those guys however. They were almost purposefully trying to piss Dean off. Complaining about perfectly wrong orders and wanting refills of drinks that weren't out. Dean was barely holding it together but he did manage. He refillsd the drinks and brought back the orders

Russel asked for the bill once they were done having their bit of fun. Dean  nodded and gave them a bill that was about 15 dollars more expensive due to all of the refills. Between the five huge men it was a fair price but there was a manipulation plan. "Excuse me, hot waitress?" Dean didn’t look up from where he was collecting dishes from another table two down from theirs. Russel got up and tapped him on the shoulder. "Babe, we don't have enough money to settle this tab.. how bout a little fun in the bathroom to make it all better?"

“You or one of your friends better run on home to grab the rest or you can talk to the manager about possibly doing some dishes to work off the rest.” He smiled at him then walked off towards the kitchen.

"Or, since you didn't even give us half the drinks we ordered," Russ grabbed his wrist in a pretty threatening manner. "You let us play with you. And then you can pay it yourself?"

He yanked his wrist away. “No!!"

By then one of his guys were behind Dean and reached to grab his wallet out of his apron. He snatched it out but then felt a hard fist crack the side of his face. He looked over and saw a man with dark hair and a kid beside him that looked just like him. Dean quickly took his wallet back then moved to pick up Jack gently. The boy nuzzled his mother's neck, loving the feeling of being comforted.

The meal(s) on the table remained unpaid for and the men scurried away. Jack clung to his mother happily. Cas moved to grab the bill off the table. $42.89. He paid for it himself just so Dean wouldn't get in trouble.

Dean rubbed Jack' back gently while looking at Cas. “You didn’t have to pay."

"It's the least I could do," he whispered.  "I haven't exactly been here lately."

“It’s fine Cas. You’ve been going through stuff... I really have missed you however. It's good to see you." He smiled as he bounced Jack on his hip.

"I've been very selfish however. But anyways, jack... was really upset when i got to the house." He looked at Jack and met his eyes, smiling because the green emeralds matched the ones of Dean.  "Buddy, please tell your mommy what you told me."

Jack went back to hiding his face and didn't say anything.

Dean frowned and looked at Jack. “What happened baby?”

He was about to speak when Mildred peaked in. "10 minutes!"

Jack felt discouraged so he chsnged the subject. "I'm hungry momma."