Chapter 8

Day 4 of giving himself space, Cas still hadn't broken up with Jamie. But he had barely talked to her. The past few of his life consisted of working and helping to care for Jack. As well as cooking with Dean. Since he hadn't been talking to her so much, his mind was clear. He had his values in check. So during his lunch break he called her. "Jamie."

She picked up excitedly. "Hey baby how's work?"

"I'm done with you," he whispered.

She was taken aback by what he said. "What!?"

"You changed me and I don't like what I've become. You're a very nice and wonderful girl. But we dont work together." He was sugarcoating that she was manipulating him.

"What exactly happened? What did I do? You've been distant and now you're dumping me and i don't understand how I changed you. Don't do this to me right now... I was just telling my mom how wonderful you are..."

"You made me mean. Made me neglect my family... kick Dean out... "

"This is really about him right now? I can tell he likes you! And he's in heat. You're mine. Not his." Her voice was on the verge of breaking. She was about to cry.

"Point blank; I don't like who I am with you."

"You're breaking up with me for him? The guy whose kid looks exactly like a miniature Castiel Novak? Like exactly like you minus hair and eye color..." She sniffled.

"I'm not going to Dean... just not right now anyways... And It has nothing to do with jack. He's not mine either. And I'm gonna be there for my friend. A guy I've known all my life. I'm not giving that up for a girl I haven't even known a year. "

"But I love you!" She yelled. "But what the fuck ever. Fine. You might wanna talk to your friend about whose kid that is. Make sure he didn't take advantage of you while you were asleep or something to get that kid.. Bye Castiel. Lose my number." She hung up, and walked outside to start screaming.

Cas just rolled his eyes. He would remember if he ever had sex with Dean, surely... He wasn't a heavy sleeper either, so no-one really could take advantage of him while he was asleep. He blocked her number and sat in silence wondering if he did the right thing. On the way home he did shed a few tears. But who did he love more? Dean or Jamie? What about Jack?

Dean and Jack.. for sure.

《¤》

Dean decided to make it up to Cas. He was being a bitch since he moved in so he decided to clean as well as cook dinner. Using the new skills he developed. Cas had just come home and smelled food. So he took his coat and shoes off, and leaned against the doorway. He just watched Dean with a smile, admiring him from afar. Dean was singing as he cooked and slightly dancing which included swaying his hips. He never realized Cas was behind him.

Cas gave himself away when he chuckled softly and spoke up "You're a great dancer."

Dean jumped and turned quickly to look at him. "Why are you creeping?" He laughed some.

Cas was blushing. "I haven't been creeping. I just got here." He was a really bad liar. His whole face was red and he was chewing on his lip.

Dean chuckled softly and grabbed a spoon. "Come taste this to make sure I'm doing it right."

Cas walkes over and tasted it with a grin. "Pretty good... maybe some more pepper?" He smiled and then turned to Jack and sat down at the table with him. He helped him with his homework as he waited for dinner.

The rest of the night was peaceful. Once Dean had put Jack in bed and was about to go to sleep as well, Cas messaged him. 'Come downstairs.'