proposal

the soft music started to play as sherlock set the needle on the record. he smiled softly then turned to the doctor in his chair. he walked over to him and held his hand out. "come on, let's dance."

john looked up from his laptop and shook his head. "no. i can't dance." he said then looked back at his screen.

sherlock sighed then took the laptop out of john's lap, putting it in his chair then pulled john out of his chair. "then i'll teach you." he said and placed a hand on the doctor's hip, then held his other one.

"sherlock," john sighed and stepped away from the detective. "i have to finish my paper."

sherlock frowned, looking down at his feet. "alright." he said sadly. "i'll just go talk with mrs hudson then, get out of your hair." he said softly and turned the record player off, leaving the flat. he went downstairs and mrs hudson wasn't home. he sighed and thought about going out, but his shoes were upstairs and john was upstairs and he was supposed to leave john alone, so he just sat on the floor. he thought about how john was being distant lately, but it was natural because the school year was ending and john had a bunch of applications to fill out to get an iternship and it included writing papers. but it was different this year because last year john still made time for sherlock.

"oh, sherlock!" mrs hudson gasped when sge saw the boy lying on the floor in front of her door. "what're you doing?"

sherlock looked at her then stood up. "john said he didn't want distractions so i came down here and you weren't home so i just laid down." he explained as he brushed the dirt off of him.

"would you like some biscuits and a cuppa?" she asked the boy.

sherlock nodded, giving her a small smile. "that'd be lovely."

mrs hudson smiled at him and patted his cheek before unlocking the door to her flat, letting sherlock in before closing it.

it was hourse before john sent sherlock a text saying he was done. sherlock thanked mrs hudson for the biscuits and tea and for talking woth him before going back upstairs. he stood in the door way as he watched john pack up all of his things into his bookbag. "i was thinking about thai for dinner." the blond said. "how does that sound?" he asked as he went into the kitchen.

sherlock nodded. "that's good." he said and walked into the flat, closing the door behind him he walked behind john's chair and leaned against it as he watched the blond talk on the phone.

john finished ordering and looked at the pale boy staring at him. "what?" he asked.

"are you mad at me?" sherlock asked. "did i do something to upset you?"

john shook his head. "what're you talking about?"

"never mind." sherlock said and shook the thought from his head. "just forget it." he said as he walked to his chair.

"i'm not mad at you. and you didn't upset me." john said and leaned over his chair, watching the brunette. "why d'you think that?" he asked.

sherlock sighed and looked into his lap. "you've been ignoring me and not spending much time with me for almost two months and i get that you're busy and all, but you're not that busy during the night and i try things, but you just push me away." he said into his lap.

john walked arounf his chair and kneeled in front of his boyfriend, placing his hands on his knees. "i'm not pushing you away, love." he said, gaining eye contact with him. "it's just stressful with the graduation and the applications."

"you sure?" sherlock asked.

john nodded. "i'm positive."

sherlock reached into his pocket and dug something out. "i found this last night." he said and showed john the golden band in the palm of his hand. "you were going to propose."

john sighed and sat on the floor, taking the ring from sherlock. "yeah." he said softly.

sherlock got up and walked into the kitchen. john watched him as he dug through the junk drawer, pulling out a carton of cigerattes, but there were no cigerattes and sherlock pulled a ring out instead. he closed the drawer and looked at john with a small smile. "i was going to, too." he said, holding up the ring.

john laughed softly and got up, going over to him. "we're so stupid." he said with a grin as he took sherlock's hand, sliding his ring onto his finger.

sherlock chuckled and took john's hand. "it's fine though. we can be idiots together." he smiled down at the blond.

john smiled back and pulled him down for a kiss, getting a kiss back.

yo, yo, yo welcome to the newest book of one shots by yours truely. feel free to drop a request in my dms at any time or just comment on this. have a lovely day -mal