mon amour

they met in beijing. both of them were at the same hotel for the same business conference. of course they had a one night stand, but then it turned into a four night stand because of the duration of the trip.

sherlock's company was centered in london while john's was in belgium. they were both extremely busy men, but always found time for each other. even if it was at the ass crack of dawn or in the middle of the night, they spoke with each other. they told each other their traveling plans, getting happy when they discovered that they were going to be in the same city or at least could make a pit stop at the other's hotel.

the relationship got tough after about a year. sherlock's company was in the rising because his brother and he didn't have as much free time on his hands as before. john's company was up there, but not as much as sherlock's and he understood that. their calls were shorter and sherlock was traveling more often, constantly in meetings or doing god knows what because sherlock never spoke with john anymore.

john stared at his ringing phone that sat on his desk, reading the caller id over and over again, wondering if he should answer it. he let it ring out then picked up the phone the second time. "hello?" he asked through the phone.

"i thought you wouldn't pick up." sherlock's voice said.

john let out a small hum as he leaned back in his chair. "so, where are you now?" he asked.

"moscow." sherlock said then there was a long pause between the two. john could hear the sound of the city through the phone along with the sound of sherlock puffing out his occasional smoke. "it's been a while." sherlock said softly.

"yes. it has." john agreed.

"you sound angry."

"really?" john asked sarcastically. "i was aiming for more of a pissed off, but i suppose angry will do."

"i've been busy. you know that."

"busy enough to not call me in a week?" john asked.

"yes!" sherlock exclaimed.

john sucked in a sharp breath and sherlock knew.

"john-"

"don't. fucking don't, sherlock." john said then sighed. "this isn't working anymore. we both know this."

"but it can."

john shook his head. "no, no it can't." he sighed, rubbing a hand over his face.

"mon amour." sherlock spoke.

"connerie."

"s'il vous plaît, john."

"non." john said then sighed. "au revoir, sherlock." he spoke, hanging up. he tossed his phone onto his desk then put his face into his hands, sighing heavily.

he stood, turning off his computer then putting his coat on, grabbing his phone. he walked out of his office, telling his assistant she could go home before leaving the building.

in the morning, john walked into his office to see a basket of sweets sitting on his desk. he closed his office door behind him and shut the blinds, walking to his desk and tossing his coat into the chair. he stood at the basket, seeing all of his favorite sweets from different countries. he wanted to know how sherlock was able to get all of them. john took the small envelope off the top of the basket then moved to basket onto the floor, sitting in his chair as he took the card out of the envelope.