Chapter 1

Two years ago.

That was when it happened.

The screams.

The wanting.

The giving of  human life.

But it wasn't enough to stop it.

The Shadow... 

--------------------------------------------------

_____________________________________________

Today was a nice day, here in the town of Fiore. Birds chirping, bees buzzing, and the loud sound of Natsu snoring in my bed.

Wait!

What?!

"Natsu! Wake up!" I yelled into his ear.

"Why are you yelling at me Lucy? I was just trying to get some beauty sleep, or do you think I'm already cute enough for you?" Natsu said with a smirk as he sat up slowly from my bed. He was always like this. Sleeping in my bed with Happy, his friend exceede, and always making me buy him breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

"You're sleeping in my bed again." I said in a irritated tone.

"So?"

"I guess I'll go call Erza then." He knows that I won't hurt him, but he knows I will call Erza if he doesn't get out whenever I want him to.

He just about jumped out of my bed. Happy, not bothered by any of the noise, stayed there in my bed, sleeping. I walked over to him and scream in his ear, "Get up you lazy butt!!" He fell of the bed with a thump. Me and Natsu laughed at him.

"Hey! Whatcha do that for?!" yelled Happy.

"You were sleeping in my bed again, and wouldn't get up, so I screamed in your ear." I said. I looked over at Natsu. He had already made his way over to the fridge.

"What are we having for breakfast?" Natsu asked as he opened the fridge.

"Actually, I'm going out to eat with Erza and Princess Hiwsi to talk about something important, so you have to go back to the Guild Hall and get yourself some lunch from Mirajane and Lisanna."

"What are you guys going to talk about?" Natsu said. It sounded like he was trying to bribe me with the tone of voice he was using.

"Something you don't need to know at the moment." I said as I looked at him with a hard, gleaming stare. "Anyways. I think you just want to go for the food so I have to pay." I smirked.

I looked over at him. He was on his knees and looking up at me.

His face was sad with his cute puppy eyes, and his sad whimper of hunger.

I sighed, and reluctantly said fine.

He jumped up and hugged my legs. Happy who I thought was asleep again, was listening in, and he jumped up from the floor and hugged me.

"Hey! I didn't say you could go!" I yelled at Happy, but I decided I would let him go.

A few minutes had passed, and Natsu and Happy were sitting at the little table by the window in my apartment.

"Hey Natsu and Happy." I said as was making my bed. "You guys should get ready. Your hair looks a mess Natsu, and Happy, your fur is all fluffed up and tangled. You guys need nice clothes, and maybe even a shower." I said as I scrunched up my nose. They looked at me and they both started to laugh.

"Lucy! This is how my fur always looks!" laughed Happy.

"And this is how my hair always is you weirdo!" said Natsu. They were both laughing at me. My face got red as I yelled, "You need to look nice! This is a nice breakfast shop, and we need to look good! Also! We are going to talk with Princess Hiswi! You can't look a mess in front of her, or she will think you guys are slobs!" I yelled. "Even though you guys are pigs." I said under my breath as I turned around.

"Natsu! You go change and wash your hair, and Happy, you go and take off that bag of yours and put some clothes on!" I demanded. I walked into the bathroom with my clothes and makeup in hand and I slammed the door.

I looked in the mirror as I walked in, and my face was red. I was so mad at them, but that wasn't why my face was red.

I was embarrassed.