2

Harry takes a deep breath before knocking on the Louis' office door. Harry doesn't know why he's still afraid or hesitant, Louis has never given him a reason to be, it's just Louis aura is so powerful and just, Louis isn't someone with whom conversation is easy.

"Come in." He hears Louis say.

"Dinners ready." Harry says, peeking through the door.

Louis hums, his eyes never leaving the paper he held.

"Do you want me to bring the dinner up here? If you're busy?" Harry asks, timidly.

Louis looks up then and Harry hopes he hasn't said something to annoy Louis, that's the last thing he wants. Louis just stares at him and Harry squirms, he said something stupid didn't he? But it didn't seem stupid, he just wanted Louis to be fed and —

Louis gets up then, putting away his papers and walking towards Harry.

"Come on omega, we can't keep them waiting." He says when Harry doesn't move.

Harry sighs in relief and walks behind Louis.

Louis waits for him until Harry is next to him.

"I'll be leaving tomorrow for the north. They've held a council meeting. I'll be gone a few days, I expect you to take care of the pack, make any decisions necessary. It's not going to be a problem is it?" Louis says, looking ahead with his back straight and god does this man's shoulder ever relax?

"N-no, I can do that." Harry stammers.

"Good."

And they remain silent for rest of dinner.

****

"Are you sure that's all you need?" Harry asks from their bed, his hair still a mess from the time he woke up a few minutes ago when he heard Louis shuffling around the room, as Louis stuffs two shirts and a pair of jeans in his bag.

"What else am I put in here?" Louis asks, his eyebrows raised.

Harry sighs before getting up, he tugs on his sweatshirt, it doesn't help covering his exposed legs. What? He refuses to sleep in pyjamas, they're constricting. It's a miracle he's wearing a sweatshirt. He blushes when Louis stares at his legs, before looking up.

He makes his way over to the bag taking the shirts from Louis.

"You go change, I'll do it." Harry says, going over to the iron to press louis' shirts since he crumbled them already.

Louis stares at him again—he does that a lot, doesn't he? It makes harry squirm—before saying, "okay."

Harry hums as he irons the shirts and then folds them neatly. He removes the smaller suitcase they had, and placed the shirts and the pant along with an extra shirt and jeans in the bag. He then places Louis' pyjamas and plain t shirts in. Was Louis seriously leaving without night clothes? Harry then places a comfortable pair of slippers in, just in case. And then he goes to his cupboard to remove a small pouch he had and then goes over to the supply drawer they had and filled the pouch with a brush, a small shampoo bottle, soap, a toothbrush and some essential medicines, Harry doubts Louis would need the medicine but you never know.

He places the pouch in the suitcase and then checks the duffle bag to see if he had missed something Louis had kept in. He finds louis' wallet, he picks it up and then gets curious. Do pack leaders roam around with credit cards or actual cash? Do they have special coins to get into packs or meetings? He never got to see his fathers wallet, and well he just had the urge okay? He opens it, stiffling a laugh at his ridiculousness, he stops midway when he sees what's inside. His eyes brim with tears when he sees a picture of him staring back at him. Harry removes the picture gently and opens it up to see it was a picture of them from their wedding day, Louis had folded his side of the picture and also the bottom so that it would fit and Harry's face was visible. Harry stared at it, tears now freely falling. Harry felt so much at that moment, Louis cared about him, he...liked Harry.He heard the shower go off so he hurriedly placed the picture back inside and then put the wallet in the suitcase.

Harry had his back to Louis when he came out of the shower and dressed up. Harry wiped his tears away but they came spilling back.

"Why the tears omega? Has something upset you?" Louis asks, standing in from of him, one hand drying his hair with a towel.

"They're happy tears, Alpha." Harry says, laughing, wiping away the tears, still not looking up at Louis because Harry's not sure if he could stop himself from kissing Louis or hugging him and making sure he doesn't leave.

"If I had known my absence makes you this happy, I would have left before." Louis says, his eyebrows raised, and Harry sees his lips quirk up, the asshole was teasing him. He places the towel on the bed then and Harry couldn't even bring himself to be angry at him. 

Harry let's out a laugh, sniffling.

"Come back soon alpha." Harry says, smiling, dimples poking out, looking up to see Louis' blue eyes staring back at him. He loved Louis' eyes, they were the most beautiful shade of blue.

Louis gives him a small smile, before picking up his bag.

"Well this is certainly a lot more than I had originally packed," Louis says and then walks towards the door ,"take care omega."

Harry smiles after him, Jay was right, not only did Harry end up finding solace in Louis, he ended up finding love too.