7 - Your POV

Thirty seconds remained and you were a bundle of nerves ready to come unhinged. Your knee was bouncing so hard that people in the booth across from you were shooting you glares, but you didn't care. Your skull was throbbing like it was just as impatient as you were. Where was he? Couldn't this stupid timer go any faster? After your awful morning, you were just ready for the whole ordeal to be over. You were so anxious that you could feel bile rising in your throat, but you didn't move from your seat. Something weighed you down, like a pile of bricks had been dropped on your lap and you couldn't remove them. You wanted to get up, to scream, but you couldn't do anything. You were a puppet, and your invisible master had no intention of letting you do anything.

Eighteen seconds left.

You shakily picked up your coffee cup, thankful for the lid that prevented the contents from spilling.

Sixteen.

You took a sip, tears burning in the backs of your eyes. What if he didn't make it? What if your life would be ruined before it really even began?

Thirteen.

Suddenly, there was a loud crash and you found a heavy body across your lap. You blinked, stunned and irritated - because of course, of-freaking-course this was how your day would go even as your timer ticked into the single-digit seconds and you were just about to meet your soulmate, and of course now you would have to explain to him why there was a human in your lap and coffee all down the front of your jacket - as the man stumbled to his feet, sputtering his apologies.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," he cried, scrambling off of you. "I'm so, so sorry, I'm such a klutz, I'm s-"

As your timer - both of your timers - ticked to 0:00:00:00, you met his eyes. His soft, gorgeous, dark eyes. Whatever he was saying died in his throat as he stared at you, mouth gaping. And suddenly, all you could do was laugh. Because yes, of course this was how you would meet. What other way was there to meet your soulmate? Just like that, the pain and annoyances of the morning were gone and all you could do was gaze into those incredible eyes and laugh. Who cared that you were covered in coffee for the second time that day? Your headache dissipated and your heart soared, drunk on the strange new sensation of love - true, absolute, unfaltering love. You loved your sister and friends, yes, but this was new. Suddenly, nothing in the world mattered but him. Everyone in the cafe had turned to see what all the noise was about, but it didn't matter how many people were staring because all that you could focus on was the man in front of you.

The man's eyebrows knitted together and he began cautiously, "What -"

You cut him off and flung yourself into his arms, still giggling but not as loudly. "You're here!" You whispered to him, "You're here and you're perfect."

Strong arms wound around your waist and the man dropped his head into the crook of your neck. He was trembling, but so were you. "I'm Namjoon."

You were crying now, but you managed to say your own name. Namjoon whispered it to himself, as if tasting how it sounded on his tongue, and you whispered his name back. Namjoon. Was there ever a name more beautiful? You moved your arms from around his neck and balled them in his shirt, inhaling his scent. He cupped your face in his warm hands, taking in your features. And suddenly he was kissing your cheeks, nose, and forehead, and when you closed your eyes to focus just on his touch, he pressed gentle kisses to your eyelids. He kissed away the tears running down your cheeks, humming.

Slowly, you became aware of the sounds of cameras. You looked around, confused, and Namjoon sighed, "Have you heard of BTS?"

Of course you had heard of them. One of your friends was obsessed with them. You had listened to some of their music and had enjoyed it, but hadn't taken enough time to learn about the members. "Yeah, they have some good stuff. Better than a lot of the junk pop stars make over here."