Chapter One

There was always a spot on the wall that Dirk would stare at. It was occupied by a tattered poster explaining the colour wheel, but because of some ignorant eighth grader who drew dicks on it they had to remove it. Now there was a patch of clean wall there, awaiting a new art related poster. The class was writing an art theory test, and Dirk was done within the first ten minutes. Now and then his chum, Roxy, would look at him hoping to get an answer out of him. Every time Dirk would say no.

"I may be an asshole, but I won't cheat," Dirk would say "plus what if my answers are wrong?"

"Your answers are never wrong." Roxy would reply.

After reading over his answers for the seventh time he stood up and took his answer paper. He walked over to the teacher and delivered the test,

"Done already?" the ma'am looked up at Dirk. He nodded.

"Too easy for you?" she smiled.

"A bit yeah, I just don't want to complain because I want to keep it easy for the rest of the class." Dirk shoved his hands in his pockets. The teacher snickered and took the paper, thanking him. Dirk walked over back to his desk and sat down; trying to ignore the jealous glares from his class mates. The class was quiet, which was odd. This group was populated by kids ranging from total otakus to a guy who has sex every weekend. People like Cronus Ampora took this art class. Why would he? He wasn't even that good at art; he probably took it to get closer to Meenah Peixes, another person you shouldn't mess around with.

The class ended, and Roxy had just finished her test. She packed away her belongings and walked over to Dirk,

"So how was the test, Dirky?" Roxy spoke with a slur as if she was drunk.

"Easy." He shrugged. Roxy blew a large pink bubble from her lips, and let it pop before speaking.

"That makes one of us. Cronus kept looking at my work and I told him I didn't know shit but he didn't believe me. I swear he has a thing for me."

"You think everyone has a thing for you." Dirk replied, holding his binder with one arm and pressing it to his hip.

"It's true, that's why. I even think you have a thing for me." She looked up her friend and smiled. Dirk looked down at her and smirked,

"Knock knock, Rolal, in case you've forgotten I'm gay."

"I will get the heterosexual out of you." Dirk kept his glare on Roxy and watched her bleach blonde hair bounce as she walked; she had recently got it cut so it was extra springy.

Roxy was a girl of many colours, and Dirk had seen them all. He had seen her depressed, high, in love. It was hard having a friend like her, and even with Jane's help she was a handful. Now Jane Crocker was the other damsel in the trio, she was as sweet as cookie dough and honestly she was the most innocent gal you would ever meet. She was still new to the group, as she only joined the school about five months ago. Her story was a complicated one, but let's just say her father was extremely busy, therefore a lot of moving and one day Jane threw a tantrum. She shouted, saying that she didn't want to leave friends over and over again. She was tired of struggling to fit in and so the father resorted to boarding school. She met Roxy because they were old roommates, and through Roxy she met Dirk. Finally Dirk could have a break from babysitting Roxy every once in a while.

"Where's Jane?" Roxy said as they reached the English Quad, which was always empty. It was the hang out place for our main characters, and they loved it because barely anyone went there. It was nice, quiet and clean, because of the library nearby.

Dirk shook his head, "I thought you knew where she was."

"Nope, but she said she had a student council meeting. She might still be attending it."