Chapter 6 : First Rephrase

Ripper woke up and rubbed his eyes. "Hiya! You're actually awake right?" Vinyl said. "Yeah." Ripper said. He looked to the other side of the room, Axis was still sleeping. "Come on! Let's go get some EXP!" Vinyl exclaimed. Ripper only nodded and went to the kitchen. Upon entering the kitchen he saw a note on the fridge.

'Dear Human and Sister,
I have went out to train by myself, please take care of yourselves.
Love,
The Great Zervile'

"Okay then." Ripper said, as he placed the note back on the fridge. He took some pasta and heated it up. "Hey kid, you're up early." Axis' voice erupted, which made Ripper jump a little. "Hmm. What's this?" Axis said as she neared the note her brother left. "Dear Human and Sister." She voiced. "I have went out to train by myself. Love, the Great Zervile. Heh, training huh?" Axis said. "By the way kid. Who were you talkin' to?" Axis asked. Vinyl widened his eyes at this and stepped back a bit. "IT'S EITHER YOU MAKE UP AN EXCUSE OR KILL HER!" Vinyl screamed. "Oh, that. It was just me and myself." Ripper said, excuses were made. "Hmm? I don't get it." Axis said, walking one step closer to Ripper. "It was just a voice in my head! Hehe." Ripper let out a nervous laugh. "If you say so kid. You're pasta's done." Axis said as she went out of the kitchen and vanished. Vinyl followed her yet couldn't see her. "What an annoying girl." Vinyl said. "She might be on to us. We better turn her to EXP soon." Vinyl continued which Ripper only answered with a nod. "Hey Vinyl." Ripper started. "Can you materialize yourself?" He asked. "Yeah, I can. Why?" Vinyl said. "Oh, just wondering. Oh! Can you possess people!?" Ripper asked. "Yeah, I can." Vinyl answered. "Cool. Let's eat!" Ripper said as he took the pasta and put it on a plate, taking some other utensils as he did. They ate their lunch and went onto their adventure.

They walked to the shore where they met River Person. Ripper looked sideways searching for him. As he looked to the left he saw River Person. "Tra la la." River Person hummed. "Hi! River Person!" Ripper exclaimed, waving to River Person. "Why, hello there young man." River Person greeted back. "Can I get a ride to Waterfalls?" Ripper asked. "Of course. Hop on in." River Person said, gesturing Ripper to come to the boat. Ripper went and waited until they reached Waterfalls.

As they reached Waterfalls a small yellow monster with no hands ran to them. "River Person! *huff* *huff* *pant*. Can I get your autograph!" He exclaimed as he gave a notebook and pen to River Person. "Very well, small monster." River Person said as he took the notebook and pen. "Hi mister! What's your name!" The small monster asked. "I'm Ripper Nightlit. What's your name?" Ripper replied. "My name's Monster Kid! Though almost everyone calls me MK. Can I get your autograph too!" MK replied. "Sure." Ripper replied. "He's gonna get the autograph of DEATH! HAHAHAHAHAHA!" Vinyl exclaimed, laughing maniacally. "Here you go, small monster." River Person said handing the notebook and pen back to MK. "Thank you very much! Here you go Rip!" MK said as he turned to look at Ripper. "Umm. Can we go someplace darker? I can't see very well here, I feel like I'm blind." Ripper said. "Okay then!" MK answered as they walked away. "How can he call this a blinding place. What a strange boy... I shall follow them." River Person said, taking his scythe and walking to land. He followed the two boys.

Ripper took MK to a darker place, much darker than anyone could've thought of. "Umm. Rip? I can't quite see here." MK said. "I'll give you my autograph now." Ripper said. Not knowing that River Person was just behind him. "Okay." MK said as he turned to Ripper's voice. As MK turned around, Ripper striked him with his knife. River Person gasped at this. "R-Rip. Why?" MK said with his final breath, turning to dust. Ripper walked out only to be ambushed by River Person's scythe. *slash!*

Ripper saw that he was back to before he was slashed by something. "What the." He muttered as he looked at his hands. "That was your first death! And your first Rephrase!" Vinyl said. "What's that?" Ripper asked. "It's when everything goes back to before you died! That's a rephrase!" Vinyl answered. "Well, now that we know someone's ambushing you, we have to turn them to EXP! Let's do it quick!" Vinyl exclaimed and Ripper gave him a quick nod. Ripper walked to the exit, he felt the presence of the person.

He walked slowly, until one of his feet stepped outside. The blade slashed, he dodged the blade. It was a scythe. He regained his balance and dashed outside. Only to be met by River Person. "HELL-o!" Ripper greeted a maniac-like smile forming under his mask. "What are you dying there? River Person?" Ripper asked as he clutched his knife stained with blood. "I am here to erase your heinous acts!" River Person said as he readied his scythe. "HAHAHA! LET'S SEE YOU TRY!"