Chapter 7 : The Song of Pain

"HAHAHA! LET'S SEE YOU TRY!" Ripper screamed as he lunged forward to River Person, striking him with his knife and ripping a part of his hood. River Person quickly turned around and held his scythe up for defense. At that moment four options lit up in front of Ripper. Fight, Act, Item, and Mercy. "Ooh! Ooh! I love those! Choose Fight!" Vinyl exclaimed. "Okay then." Ripper said as he smiled maniacally again. He lunged forward again to River Person, now giving him a little scar on the waist. River Person turned to attack, but Ripper only dodged. Ripper lunged forward, attacking River Person's head. But River Person dodged this, but his face was now exposed. River Person turned to Ripper. "WHAT!? AND ALL THIS TIME I THOUGHT HE WAS A 'HE'!?" Vinyl screamed in frustration. River Person was... a woman. Long white hair tied to a ponytail, lifeless gray eyes, one inverted to black and white.

River Person then ran to Ripper, putting her scythe on position at Ripper's back. She pulled it back to her. But Ripper dodged, he had jumped and was now standing atop River Person's scythe. He jumped up, clutching his knife tightly. He striked her from above. But River Person dodged this and jumped back. River Person held her scythe, striked Ripper with a deadly hit. But... he was not dead.

"What!?" River Person exclaimed. Vinyl materialized, holding up two knives holding River Person's scythe in place. "RIPPER!" Vinyl exclaimed. Ripper took the signal and held his knife tightly. Ran to River Person's side and striked her. River Person lost grip of her scythe. She coughed up blood. "I... am sorry... Fenrir..." She said with her final breath. "That's strange. She should be dust already." Vinyl said. "How about you give her another hit?" Vinyl suggested. "Okay." Ripper said as he held his knife up. He stabbed her deep in the throat. And one more cough of blood. She turned to dust. "I have to clean this up." Ripper said, eyeing his knife. "Okay!" Vinyl said as he dematerialized. Ripper washed out his knife using the water from the waterfalls. He finished cleaning it and walked back home.

"I'm going to stop by Grillby's." Ripper said as he stood in front of the door. "Okay then!" Vinyl replied, following Ripper into Grillby's. Axis was walking up to stage. Ripper walked to his usual seat. Axis started adjusting the microphone. She took a deep breath and played the notes.

Hurting for a Very Hurtful Pain - Her normal singing voice
Hurting for a Very Hurtful Pain - Higher than Hurting for a Very Hurtful Pain

Hey  what’s that that could be hurting me?
Why do I feel so much pain?
Hey  what’s that that could be hurting me?
What’s this pain inside my chest?

Hey, tell me what could be hurting me?
Hey, tell me, why it could be hurting me?
Why am I so keen to keep playing with the pain?
It hurts, it hurts, It’s hurting the pain.

Oh! It hurts. It hurts badly.
Why does the pain keep digging like this?
Ah, you need to know how much this hurts!
Only you can understand my dirty little pain.

Oh God, it’s awful! I’m in pain!
getting worse and worse?
I need you back for a little more comfort.
There’s this ache in my chest that just wont go away!

Yes, I’m the main culprit. The founder of this ugly little pain.
I decided to go and wound myself.
it just disappears.
But always comes back again