chaos

"Yan, deserve mo yan. Mali ang binangga mo."
"Akala niya siguro matatalo niya si Edward."
"Ang yabang yabang kasi akala mo naman kung sino"
"Go, Edward. Hit him hard. Ikaw pa talaga ang binangga."

Loud chants from the crowd were audible inside the gymnasium. A student in his' blood-stained uniform is begging for mercy to spare him from this torture but no one even dared to help him. All of the students attention were set on the commotion that has been happening since an hour ago. They are cheering for Edward; the campus jock, king of all kings and 'The storm'. Yes, majority of the students gave him this title because anyone who tries to touch him nor lays a finger on him would surely be dragged to hell. Edward John Barber is a demon clothed in an angelic facade. He is fatal, he is wrath. He breaks rules for he has his own. Every girl in the campus is dying to spend even just one night with Edward. Even if it means compromising their dignity, making most of the male population envious of Edward. But what can Edward do if he is indeed a head turner? His eyes that shoot daggers of temptation every time he looks at you. His touch that leaves a warm sensation on your skin. Edward is as cold as stone ice. Many women tried to melt that away but no one succeeded. They all just end up on his bed naked during the night and left behind the next morning. Love is all games and gamble for him. It is just a stupid word anyway. Only fools believe in love, as what he believes in. Love will just rip your heart apart and Edward should be the one to break hearts, not the other way around. Commitment isn't fun but flings are. No strings attached just pure lust and pleasure.

"Sige pa Edward, bugbugin mo pa yan. Walang respeto sa'yo eh."

Punches and kicks were thrown towards the frail student. What can he do if it's Edward John who's taking its toll on him? It wasn't his intention to step on Edward's shoes. He was just in a hurry to avoid being late in class. Edward was blocking his way while he was running in the hallways to arrive in time. He pleaded Edward to spare him from his anger. He explained everything as much as he can but Edward wasn't in the mood to hear his' lame excuses. He wasn't a charity case for goodness sake. His' brand new white shoes are now tainted with dirt and dust from the poor man's sole. And Edward couldn't even bare walking around the campus with such disgrace. This is where it all started and here they are now, inside the gymnasium. Him, begging Edward to liberate him from the trouble that he caused. But Edward is too oblivious to even care about him. The inferior student right in front of him became Edward's outlet to vent out his morning frustrations he got from home.

The ruckus only came to a halt when a professor barged inside.

"Anong kaguluhan "to? Everyone, go back to your classrooms. And you, Edward John and Christian Morones, go to the guidance office, NOW" Mr. Gallo commanded them.

"Edward, anong gulo na naman itong pinasok mo? Pinapaalala ko lang sa'yo na di porke't anak ka ng may-ari ng school na ito ay pwede mo nang gawin ang lahat ng gusto mo. Ilang beses ka na bang nadawit sa isang gulo?" Mr. Gallo nagged at Edward as if he is his own son.

"You are not my father. So who gave you the permission to nag at me? I make my own rules and the school regulations are bullsh*ts. Only diligent students follow that crap but I'm not." Edward, irritated of what's been happening, emphasizing how much of a hard headed he is always has his own way of turning around the situation.

"Napaka bastos mo talagang bata ka. Kakausapin ulit kita mamaya. Make sure you'll go straight away to the guidance office or else sasabihin ko sa papa mo na ipa-expel ka dito sa paaralan nyo."

Edward leaves him behind, while a smirk slowly draws into his face. He was so sure that his' father would never do that to him anyway. Him being in this school is the only way his' father could console to Edward ever since he left them for his' mistress. When Edward was 13, his mother found out that his' husband impregnated another woman that he met when he traveled in Europe for a business trip. This devastated Edward and his' mother's life in fragments. Seeing his' mother cry was one of the worst nightmares that Edward has seen since he was a child and up to this moment, he is still holding on to the grudge that he has for his' father.

-------------
"Edward and Christian, please take a seat. I've heard what happened to the two of you a while ago in the gymnasium. Ikaw, Edward, aren't you aware that this is a place for education and not an arena for fighting? Ilang beses ka na bang pabalik balik dito? Kailan ka ba matututo? Kailan ka ba magbabago? Bakit ang tigas tigas ng ulo mo?" Mrs. Joson is fuming with disappointment and anger to see Edward for the nth time sitting on that swivel chair. God knows how hard she tried to make him better. But it was an impossible thing to do, not even the heavens could do it for her.

"When will you accept the fact that no one can change me, not even you. Just let me do my thing in the campus. Ignore me as if I never exists in the first place." Edward said in between his deep sighs. He is so tired of being the same place over and over again. But there's nothing that he can do if all the people that's around him are pissing him off everyday.

"Okay, Edward. Let's have a deal. Don't get involved in any fist fights for one month. And I will give you the freedom that you want. Just do it for one month and you can spend the rest of your life breaking your bones. Is that a deal, Mr. Barber?" Mrs. Joson sounded so desperate. But this is the only card left on her deck. This would be the last time that she'll meddle with Edward's personal issues.

"Okay, fine. One month won't hurt my knuckles anyway. So after one month, I can skip classes everyday?" Edward asked gladly.

"Yes, as much as I hate this but you have the democracy to do that action but if it involves fist fights, refrain yourself from doing in inside the campus. You understand, Edward?"

"Okay, deal."

-----

Inside the principal's office is a new student from Camiguin who just enrolled herself in a real school after being homeschooled for 14 long years. She was clothed in a white dress whose length was below her knees. Her hair shrouding half of her face. She is nervous, this would be the first time she'll be able to interact with students and not just her tutors. She isn't so sure about the things that could happen but there's one thing she was certain of, she is here for a reason and she needs to find the reason.