Diamond Encrusted Guns //8

I didn't sleep. Not an ounce, I don't even think I blinked as much as I normally did. My head was a sea of complicated thoughts and reminders, it was a big ol' mess. The sun was up, but it was still cool, and the view was beautiful. The rows and rows of vineyards had their own personal spotlight, highlighting it's beauty. It reminded me of Thursday, how I woke up looking up at the skyscrapers and the cloud scattered sky, although it didn't quite live up too this.

Frankie was still asleep on his bed, made entirely of goose feather pillows. His hair looked like a birds nest, a wild, curly, dark mess; But it was adorable. As I realised, I was now staring at him, his eyelids opened to reveal his hazel eyes. He smiled and rubbed his face and looked at me.

''Hi'' I whispered with a smile

''Buonjorno Bello'' he muttered ''Time?''

''I'm not sure probably around 8 or 9'' I answered looking around for the none existent clock

''We must awaken, we're late'' He said standing up and fixing his hair

''Late? For what?'' I asked confused

''Breakfast, get dressed bello'' he told me as he walked out of the room without locking it.

As per usual, I got dressed. Jeans, vest, cardigan and flats, same old, same old. Frankie opened the door, before closing his eyes and walking out again.

''Are you naked?'' he shouted from outside

''Underneath my clothes, yes I am'' I shouted back as he walked in.

''Thats not funny'' He said as he laughed

''I think it was'' I smiled

We walked downstairs to have breakfast, alone, for the first time. There was a small outdoor area below the window of my suite. It was small, with a table and 2 chairs, tons of sun and a gorgeous view; and I don't mean Frankie.

It was warm but breezy and the sun was shining as hard as it could. What a perfect potential last day on earth. Today was ''the handover'' as it had been called. The day I could o back to New York or to my grave. Neither sounded particularly appealing.

''So when you leave, is that it?'' Frankie asked me

''What do you mean?''

''Like will everything go back to normal?''

''Probably. Back to school, back to shopping''

''Really?'' Frankie sounded surprised

''Well yeah, besides with my dad, I don't trust him.'' I said ''I doubt anyone noticed I was gone, honestly.''

''Wow.''

''What?''

''Nothing, it's just. You don't get whats happening really do you'' Frankie said in a very serious manner

''Well yeah I get it, and when it's over I can forget about it'' I told him ''I'll miss it here though. It's so beautiful''

''You can always come to visit you know'' Frankie smiled

''No I can't and you know that. Even if I could, I wouldn't''

''You wouldn't come back to see me?''

''No.''

The conversation ended there. I didn't mean to hurt or offend Frankie, it's just I wanted my life to go back to normal. Lets be honest, how many seventeen year old girls do you know that, get held hostage, survive and then go back to visit one of their captors? I do not have Stockholm Syndrome.