3

The relationship between Zor and I hadn't been the best to be exact. He rarely has time to spend with me and  I have to help organize a lot of pack gatherings and meeting as Luna. Which for some reason the people are not warming up to me.

Being a Luna is difficult. Especially if you are trying to win everybody over.  People are always judging every step you take.

"You look a mess." Says my mother critically. "You have gained weight."

I knew she just wanted to shit talk me at this point. Because I lost weight if anything. She should be with Cassidy who has gotten more sick the past  month. I spend most of my free time with her. I try and get her out in the sun but she just wants to be inside the house resting.

I found out I have no mother in law because she passed away three years ago along with her mate. Rougues killed them.

"That's great." I tell mom and I fixed my jeans and shirt. I had a meeting with some of the mates of the the elite men. My mother set up tea time with them. I've never had tea but my mom has with the our last Luna.

I went downstairs where the Beta female and the rest of the women were seated.

"I apologise for my tardiness." I say to them sitting down at the head of the table. The females gave me a forced smile as my mom sat next to me they gave her a real smile. What the hell am I doing wrong.

"Luna Magdalena we have been thinking that now that the pups are going to get out of school for summer in a week or so, I think it might be good if we have a little fun gathering for the kids." Says the Beta Female she smirked at me. "So they can enjoy and have fun and as a treat for them passing their classes and going through another year of school."

I don't really like kids.

"Sure." I say very optimistic. "I'll make sure to make that happen."

Maybe I can get the mother's to bond with me. I have so many ideas. After that we had a chat about meeting with packs and what not. Then the meeting was over.

I needed to think of the theme for the pup gathering. I sat later that night in my room on my bed.

I could do water park theme.... no that's to messing and kids can get injured. I already see a lot of possible ways that could fail. Bouncy house theme... I mean kids like that. Or a carnival theme... that actually sound nice.

That's it. It's going to be a carnival theme.

Cassidy actually helped me plan the carnival theme pup gathering which took me up to a week which is just in time to get done with. I hired all the ride, food station's,  little activities and win prizes. All around the huge back yard was an actual carnival.

"You really did it sister." Says Cassidy coughing as I held her.

I smiled and hugged her. 

"You think?" I say nervous.

"Yes." She says. Truthfully. "Now take me to my room. I'm sleepy."

Later that day my mother can to check in the outside. She looked no impressed but thankfully she didn't say anything.

I quickly got ready for the pup gathering. And saw everyone arriving. The kids instantly started to run around.  All the females looked around critically as if trying to find a flaw in my first gathering.  The beta female walked over to be.

"Is this all?" She says making a face. Judging. I don't think she likes me.

"Well yeah, but later tonight their will be fire works."I say.

"Is that so." She says. "I think you could have done better but what did I expect you are not Manuela."

Manuela? Why did she bring her up out of no where. Does Manuela usually take care of pack gatherings and stuff like that? That's odd that's only the luna's job or Beta female if the Alpha didn't have a mate.

"Manuela usually take care of things like this?" I questioned.

"Of course. She's the best at taking care of the pack." Says the Beta female. I don't know why but that hurt my feelings. No wonder all the females around where judging what I did. They love what Manuela used to do. They care for her.

I didn't like that fact that she took the Luna role before me. That means Zor must have let her.

Something was not sitting right with me. I instantly felt like I had some sort of competition. After all the pack gathering was over with I went to knock on Zor's office.

"Come in." I hear him.

Which  you didn't have to tell me twice.

"Hey." I say shyly.

He looked at me and took his glasses off.

"Heard you had your first gathering." He says. "How did it go?"

"Okay. The pups looked like they were having the time of their lives and that's all that matters as for the women..."

He raised his eyebrows.

"What about the women."

"The beta female said she wasn't impressed. That's when I found out Manuela took care of everything around the pack as if she was the Luna." I say. 

It was bothering me.

"She did." He says.

"Why? That's wasn't get Job she's not the Beta female." I questioned.

"Her fathered wanted her to do something with her life once her mate died so I let her do everything a Luna would."

Something tells me he's not telling me the full story.

"Couldn't she do something else?" I ask. I felt jealousy... raging jealousy.

"She a nice girl. She soft she can't be a warrior female." He says almost as if taking up for her.

Soft. He did not just describe her as soft.

That's when his phone began to ring. He instantly took the call. I left his office feeling....

Insecure.

-------------------

I put this up here for a background on who these characters are

I put this up here for a background on who these characters are. This excerpt is from Princess Crybaby chapter Fight night and past.

Vote
Comment
Follow

D.D.S