[7] luwoo ; other soul

TITLE: other soul
GENRE: slight!angst
PAIR: lucas x jungwoo
side!eunkyu (super junior)

summary: soulmate!au in which, when soulmates die, they will be reincarnated and they have to spend their life finding each other. but what if the other finds somebody else?

-

"hyukjae hyung, you're going to make it. don't leave me, please. we're soulmates, right? soulmates don't leave each other." he tried his best not to cry.

"yeah, but, don't you see? my body is weak now. i'm not going to make it."

"hyung, don't say that. be strong!"

"i wish i could make it."

hyukjae's father entered his son's hospital room, "kyuhyun-ssi, your parents are here."

kyuhyun held his soulmate's hand. he felt his heart broke into pieces when he saw in the monitor that hyukjae's heartbeat are nearly going straight line.

"hyung."

"kyuhyun, i want to sleep. can i rest now?" his voice was low and it was like a whisper. he blinked his eyes, forcing himself to be strong.

kyuhyun gulped and he felt tears rushing down from his eyes, "i-if that's what you want."

"remember this, kyuhyun. we'll see each other again. we're soulmates, right? if we die, we're gonna see each other again. someday. i love you." he finally closed his eyes and that beeping sound irritated kyuhyun's ears.

"i love you, too." he kissed his soulmate on the forehead as his tears kept on falling from his eyes.

a week later after hyukjae's death, kyuhyun followed him.

×

a hundred years later.

"happy birthday, jungwoo-ssi!" his family greeted him with lots of balloons and confetti. he smiled and hugged each of his family.

"thank you, guys. you really are the best." he wiped a fake tears on his eyes and laughed a bit.

"we have another surprise for you." his older sister, jungha, announced and he nodded.

"sure, what is it?"

jungha opened the door and he saw a familiar guy standing by the door. the guy walked over to him and smiled, "hi, happy birthday."

"l-lucas?" he huggd the younger male and lucas hugged him back. "i miss you!"

"i miss you, too." they pulled back from the hug and laughed at each other. "why don't we eat already? come on, let's eat."

they laughed and decided to eat already. jungwoo felt happy to see lucas again after three years of the younger staying at his hometown.

×

"hey lucas, let's go on a coffee date, it's on me." he smiled while snuggling beside the younger. but lucas doesn't seem to notice him because he's busy texting on his phone. "lucas?"

lucas flinched and looked at the older, "h-huh? okay, sure." he monotonously replied and went back to his phone.

jungwoo sighed, "who's that you're texting with?"

lucas hid his phone before jungwoo sees the whole content on his phone, "n-nothing, just a friend."

"why am i judging? i'm just you're other friend." jungwoo pressed his lips together.

"hyung, you're my bestfriend, a better half. you're more important." lucas smiled and pecked the older's forehead.

jungwoo smiled back and kissed the younger one's cheek, "i love you." he waited for the younger to reply but there's nothing came out of his lips. jungwoo just let out a heavy sigh and closed his eyes.

×

they're at sicheng's café right now, enjoying their coffee and sandwiches. jungwoo stared at his bestfriend. he feels something on his stomach everytime he look at lucas or lucas is touching him.

"hyung?"

"hm?"

"do you believe in soulmates?"

jungwoo creased his forehead and tilted his head, "i guess. why do you ask?"

"i think i found my soulmate." jungwoo smiled. "i'm going to meet him today. i will introduce you to him." jungwoo's smile faded and just nodded.

he found somebody else?

"what's his name?"

"oh, he's here."

jungwoo turned to look at guy with a fluffy curly hair. he's smiling while heading towards lucas. "yukhei."

"hyung, this is mark lee. i met him on my way here in south korea." he did really found somebody else.

"hello, you must be kim jungwoo. i'm from canada. nice to meet you!"

jungwoo smiled a bit and nodded, "nice meeting you, too." why did you do this? i'm your real soulmate, not him.

"i'm going home now, lucas. you have your spare key, right? be careful."

"hyungㅡ"

gulping, he stood up and left the café. tears fell down from his eyes. he loves lucas more than bestfriends. how could lucas said he found his soulmate? they are the real soulmates, he knew it since he was born.

×

"hyung."

jungwoo looked at lucas with a sad expression written on his face, "w-what?"

"i asked mark to be my boyfriend but he declined. it hurts. maybe he's not my soulmate." lucas pouted, sighing while staring at his hyung.

"he's really not your soulmate." he monotonously said and held the younger's hand. "you said that we'll see each other again if we die. we died in our past life and we met again. i don't want you to leave me again."

lucas blinked several times. he's very confused right now. "what do you mean, hyung?"

"you'll understand someday. well, if you love mark, i'll let you go. i always remember this and you should too; if we die, we'll see each other again." he cupped his bestfriend's cheek, "again and again to the point that we'll ended up with each other." he leaned in closer and he pressed their lips together.

lucas gasped but slowly gave in. he responded to the kiss of the older. the kiss was short but gentle and meaningful.

they pulled back from the kiss and smiled at each other. "i don't need to know who my soulmate is, if you're already here." lucas interlaced their fingers together.

"we're soulmates." jungwoo chuckled and grinned, "i love you."

"i love you, too, my soulmate."
-

fin.

i love soulmates.

© snowysung