Book Lover

Just a little something while I wait for everyone to vote on the last part. ~Wish

She looked like a precious delicate flower. Her long beautiful golden hair could easily be mistaken as rays of the sun. Bright beautiful emerald eyes that had always had a gleam. They were always full of hidden knowledge from her journeys. The journeys she took in each of her books. They always excited her. Some angered her with their cliffhangers. The waiting game for sequels was always excruciating for her. It was always cute the way she ranted about characters' actions or plot twist that surprised her.

On some occasions I would have to comfort her at the end of the books. Some made her sad others made her laugh. It was hard to get her attention when her nose was buried in the bonded paper covered in words. Every word she would absorb anxiously hanging on the edge of their meanings. I loved watching her when she read. There were times she got up early in the morning only to make coffee & read her books. Id secretly watch her as she sat on the window seat in our bedroom while I pretended to be asleep in bed.

When the book got suspenseful she would lean forward getting her face as close to the book as possible while still being able to read. Her face would be stricken of excitement or shock. When a sad scene appeared, she would instinctively cover her mouth. An occasional sniffle could be heard as she tried her best not to cry. While reading an exciting part she would practically jump in her seat, fidget around happily, & try her best not to squeal.

Once she finished a book we would take a trip to town just to get her another one. It was an ongoing cycle. The late nights, the constant intake of coffee & tea, & the energy she had after each quest. I asked her once why she loved reading so much.

"Reading allows me to have a free realm passport to any world I want, any country, state, anywhere. There are no rules. I can face my fears from the comfort of our home. Live the adventures I wouldn't get from our tiny town. It's like a reoccurring firework that surges through me after each book."

Anytime she spoke of reading or the books she has read a big wide smile would cover her face showing great emotion. I can never get over how much I love my little book adventurer. I am lucky I have her to brighten my life.