Hitman

It was a warm quiet night as I walked home from the café. It had just started getting dark, so only a few people were out & about. As I got closer to my apartment building I was suddenly halted by two guys crossing into my path.

"Where do you think you're going," one grinned deviously.

His partner chuckled with his friend. I stood there not moving or talking.

"Are you deaf," the first one grew angry.

Still he was met with silence. This caused him to go into a rage grabbing my arm forcefully yanking me to him.

"Will you talk now," he growled.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," a familiar voice was heard approaching us.

"Why shouldn't I," the first guy spat.

"She's close to Jasper Wren," the familiar voice responded in a knowing tone.

Turning my head, I saw the source of the voice. Jenson King, a man who I have known for a long time. This wasn't the first time he has stepped in to save me.

"I don't believe you," the first guy shouted.

"I'd be happy to prove it to you," Jenson looked at him as if daring him.

The guy clutching my arm looked between Jenson & I before mumbling to himself & letting me go.

"I suggest you stay out of this part of town from now on," Jenson warned.

"Why is that," the guy was obviously annoyed.

"Jasper Wren will have you killed on spot," Jenson answered nonchalantly.

With that I saw fear rush into the man's eyes before he & his silent partner rushed away from us.

"You ok, Sadie," Jenson turned to me now slightly concerned.

"I'm fine, thanks," I sighed as I rubbed my arm.

"Good, otherwise Jasper wouldn't be very happy with me," Jenson smirked.

"The joys of working for a high-profile hitman," I laughed.

"A hitman who happens to love you," Jenson teased.

"Jasper doesn't love me like that! If anything, he sees me as a sister," I protested.

"He loves you the opposite of a sister, Sadie. Why else would he assign me to look after you practically every day," Jenson commented.

"You know what I'm don't having this conversation with you. Good night Jenson," I shook my head before walking away.

"Sweet dreams, Sadie," Jenson called after me.

"Jasper Wren, the young wealthy hitman who owned an enterprise loving me? Just not possible," I muttered to myself as I made my way home.

~~~~~~

Sorry this one was so short & wasn't as love filled as the others, but I promise to have a good one for you guys soon! Hope you still enjoyed it!

With Love,

Wish