1

"ethan?" i nervously echoed through the phone.
"i'm coming, gray's taking forever and i don't know if i've told you but emily is here with us," i could feel ethan's smile through the phone.
i hadn't seen my best friend in 3 months, i missed him so much. i was so used to seeing him & his brother that i bickered with everyday.

"i'm here can you see me?" he asked.
"nope, can you see me?" i asked the same question.
"yeah," he answered.
i began to see his figure in the distance, him, grayson and it seemed to be someone else as well.
i guess i must of turned around for a split second and i felt a familiar pair of arms wrapped around me.

"ethan! i missed you so much," a smile grew on my face.
"i missed you more," he hugged me tightly.
we pulled away and there was a gorgeous girl standing behind him.
"this is emily," eth pointed to the girl.
"hi i'm brooklyn, e has told me a lot about you," i greeted her as she smiled back at me.

an uneasy feeling began to grow inside of me, it felt like he'd replaced me, in the couple months that he was back in jersey.
"she's my friend that i made whilst i was back home and she was already coming to la next year to study so i thought why not bring her now & show her around." a warm smile appeared on his face.
"it's going to be good after hearing all the amazing things about you," i smiled.

"darn it you're the reason i didn't want to come back here," grayson announced.
"aw i need to pretend like i care don't i?" i shot back, shortly after my comment he rolled his eyes.
"whatever, come on guys let's get to the car, emily i only got my license a couple of months ago as well so if you die it's most likely my fault," i joked.
"i'm a bad driver too," she laughed.

i put on a fake laugh as we all made our way to the car. "brooklyn is it okay if i sit in the back seat," ethan casually sat in the backseat neglecting me.
"sure, no need to ask," i shrugged.
well yeah now i'm probably gonna be stuck with grayson for the next month that perfect miss emily is here. "guess i'll be stuck with you for the next month," grayson moodily whispered reading my thoughts.
"ugh you got that right," i whispered back buckling my seatbelt and turning the radio onto a lower volume.

gray & i have never really got along ever since we were younger but me and ethan were the exact opposite. ethan was the nutella to my toast.

"do you guys want to go to the grove tomorrow? i was thinking of showing emily." ethan asked.
"sure," i answered.
"it's not like i have a choice," grayson huffed.
i tried to change the subject.
"so uh how did you guys meet emily?" i asked out of curiosity.
"well through family friends," ethan grinned. i nodded and kept driving along the road.

i was so uncomfortable the whole ride, ethan seemed to be so indulged into emily's words and emily looked like she felt the same way. i'm glad my best friend is making some more friends but i haven't seen him for months that felt like countless years and i didn't expect someone to come into his life so quickly and there i was already seeing myself out of here.

finally, we reached e & g's gorgeous house and it kept everything in me not to let out a sigh of relief.

"i'll see you guys tomorrow," i waved.
"see you, i'll text you," ethan smiled.
i drove back to my apartment which was only 2 minutes away from their house.
i turned the keys and pulled them out, i hopped out of the car and grabbed my phone. i let out the sigh that i kept in for a matter of time. i was all alone again in my apartment, my mom left after coming to visit me a week ago i already missed her like crazy.
at least ethan's back. i mean it doesn't look like i'll be seeing him much though but the thought of him still being around me is good, having your best friend around is a reassuring feeling.

my phone buzzed, it was ethan.
just as i was so deep into my thoughts about him, it's crazy how whenever the thought of someone pops up in your head suddenly they text you, call you or pay you a visit. it's as if they can scan your mind without effort of being near you.

- ethan: sorry i didn't really get to catch up much i know we only talked a bit.
- brooklyn: it's okay i know you were showing emily everything so it's cool ig
- ethan: thanks for understanding we'll catch up tomorrow i love you bitch 😘
- brooklyn: love you more dickhead xoxo

i let out a small laugh as i plopped onto my couch, i missed his dumb jokes so much.

-
a/n; i hope you guys enjoyed reading that, it's a little crappy so don't mind it but it's going to hopefully get better but yeah thank you guys for reading the first chapter of endgame.

instagram: dolansaestheticals & ephemeraldols
twitter: dolansxc
youtube: euphória