16

we arrived to the pier and got out of the car.
the car journey took some time. it was almost dark out as we stayed at that park for 2 hours.
"it's almost dark out gray." i bit the side of my cheek.
"so? let's have fun before it does get dark. even if it does who's stopping us?" he smiled widely.
i shouldn't be catching feelings for him again.
ethan was still circulating through my head, i regret leaving him. it feels like at moments grayson reminds me of him but he also puts my mind off of him. if that wasn't a weird combination i don't know what is.

"let's go get ice cream." grayson smiled like a child.
we went to the stall and picked out our ice cream. i went to pull out my money.
"hey no, it's on me you've had a rough day." he quickly paid the man.
grayson and i walked down to the empty beach where the sun was setting, we took our shoes off and sat down on the sand in front if the calm sea.
"you didn't have to do that." i looked down at the grains of sand.
"brooklyn, yes i did." he looked at the sky in front of him.

there was a moment of silence. ethan wasn't getting out of my head i didn't like the way it made my heart feel. i wish he didn't do that to me. i really do.
"you still thinking about ethan?" grayson looked down at the sand.
"yeah, i can't get him off of my mind i don't understand why he would do that. i don't know what i did to hurt him for me to stab me in the back like that. he was not only my boyfriend but my best friend too. that's what hurts the most, the whole friendship is gone too. i mean i've known you guys my whole life and we've all been close. you and i have had our fights and squabbles but we've never hated eachother. ethan and i have always been very close, everything i've done he's been there. he's given me everything but i don't know why he would do that." i vented.

"i'm sorry." i apologised quickly.
"no keep going." grayson looked at me carefully.
"i don't know why he'd go behind my back and talk to her twice even after she tried doing something with him the first and second time. i know they never officially dated but he still kissed another girl whilst we were dating. i couldn't lie to you and say that my feelings for you didn't still linger around sometimes but i don't think i would've gone behind ethan's back and done something i wasn't supposed to do." i gulped realising what i had said.

"what ethan did was nasty." grayson answered shortly. he dismissed what i said about him.
i nodded slowly.
"look at the sunset." he pointed.
"it's so pretty." i was mesmerised by it.
"almost as pretty as you." i heard a muffled whisper.
i looked at grayson.
"i'm sorry that was cheesy." he chuckled.
i rested my head on his shoulder, he was so comfortable to be around.

"you remind me too much of the old ethan." i glanced at him.
"i am his twin brother." grayson chuckled lightly, "but seriously there's more out there."
"yeah and i want to kiss him ." i sighed.
"find him and do it." grayson looked me in the eye.
i leaned in slowly and kissed grayson lightly on the lips, he kissed back.
i could feel a small smile on my face and i saw one on grayson's too.

he shook his head and looked down, "i don't want to rush you into anything i don't know if you're ready, you just got out of a relationship."
"when i'm over him." i pressed my lips together.
"when you're over him." he held out his pinky finger, i wrapped mine around his making that promise.

"i think we should head home." grayson looked at the sky.