10

3 months later..
so.. ethan asked me to be his girlfriend two months ago. ...i said yes but the thought of it made me feel uneasy. it's gone back to the old ways with grayson. we've been ignoring eachother. maybe a little hi occasionally but other than that it's been nothing.

i miss him.

but i'm in a relationship with ethan and i love him. honestly i do, ive told him i do and he was the one to say it first. it hasn't effected our friendship i guess. well of course it would obviously. we still do the same things as we did when we were just best friends. except now there's that date night on a friday or the waking up from that little kiss on the cheek or even just the kissing or the cuddling more than usual. we all went back home to new jersey for a week and i was staying at theirs tonight.

"ethan! you scared me." i jumped as he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my forehead lightly.
"there's literally a mirror right there, how did you not see?" ethan chuckled.
"i was looking for something on the countertop i wasn't looking at the mirror." i nudged him.
"okay whatever but you take like 60 years getting ready hurry up babe you already look fine. grayson and i will be in the kitchen." he pecked my lips quickly and exited the bathroom.

i watched as he left and tied my demim jacket on my waist. i quickly sprinted downstairs to where they were. ethan wasn't in the kitchen. i quickly glanced at grayson as he glared at his bright phone screen. look away. i told myself.

sometimes i couldn't help but admire him. i'm with ethan now. i shouldn't be doing that.

"brooklyn!" ethan hopped into the room whilst holding something behind his back.
"what and what are you hiding?" i asked trying to peek and see what was behind his back.
he pulled out a red long but small velvet box, he opened it to reveal a necklace with letters spelling out my name, brooklyn.
"ethan! what, did you really do this?? oh my god thank you so much." i hugged him tightly, he was so thoughtful.
"it's okay, hold on i'll put it on for you." he pulled the necklace out of the box and attached it around my neck.

"ethan why did you though?" i admired the necklace.
"the other day i saw you eyeing a custom necklace and i had already been planning to get you something to show my love for you."
"ethan, you don't need to get me anything to show your love, your love alone is all that matters. ethan i love you so much." i kissed him.
"get a room please." grayson looked up from his phone.
"get a girl, speaking of girls, crushing on anyone?" ethan asked his brother.
i'm very sure that ethan had completely forgotten about what grayson and i had before but it was like i had to pretend i'd forgotten too.

"meh not really, i used to have a crush but she has a boyfriend and i can't do shit about it." he raised his eyebrow at me.
"who was it?" ethan began getting curious.
"you wouldn't know her, she's changed." he glanced at me again.
i guiltily gulped and looker down with a frown on my face.
"oh, well anyway you ready to go to the theme park?" ethan asked his brother.
grayson nodded.

"you rea- what's up baby you seem upset?" ethan cut himself off.
"nothing, i'm fine." i half smiled at ethan in hopes he would stop asking.
"fuck. brooks you always do that when you're sad, what's up?" ethan asked.
"nothing ethan, i just feel a little tired." i let myself sink into his arms.
"do you not want to go?" he held me by the waist, placing kisses on my cheek.
"no no i really want to go." i quickly informed him.
"okay then." he slipped his hand into mine as we walked outside to ethan's car.