2

"ethan? it's 3am?" i yawned as i shifted my position.
"i know but i missed you a lot, come over i want to watch a movie," ethan's promising voice spoke.

"what about gray & emily?" i asked hoping that i could spend quality time with my best friend.
"grayson is jet lagged and em went out to meet a friend a couple hours ago besides i said i wanted to spend quality time with my best friend, not anyone else come in your jammies as well," he answered my prayers.

i took a deep breath.

"okay i'll be over soon," i smiled to myself.
i got out of my bed and put my hair into a ponytail, in urge to leave i slipped on my slippers. i stared at my reflection in the mirror before putting on my robe, spaghetti strap top, silky shorts and funky furry slippers.
i grabbed my keys & phone. i dashed outside in a hurry, i decided to walk since the la weather was slightly breezy and cool.

ethan's p.o.v;

i heard three knocks, brooklyn, i thought to myself. i missed her so much over the last months.
i opened the door and there stood my best friend in a baby pink robe and slippers. that's true friendship in front of my two eyes, 3 am, pj's and funky slippers.

brooklyn's p.o.v;

a tired shirtless ethan stood in front of me, despite the nice body i didn't really feel attracted to him in that way.
we hugged eachother tightly and greeted one another.
"i'm glad you came," ethan cheered in delight.
"you woke me up at 3am for this, it better be good," i laughed as we walked into the living room. i plopped onto the couch as ethan grabbed the remote.
"pick a movie, i'm going to go make popcorn," ethan handed me the remote.

i flicked through the movies. finally settling on shrek because who doesn't love shrek?
ethan finally came back with a large bowl of popcorn. he sat back into his spot.
"aw, brooklyn you picked shrek? it's nice seeing you on a tv," he joked.
"you too donkey you look great on the screen," i elbowed him jokingly.

suddenly we heard a couple of knocks on the door.
"i'll get it for you," i jumped up and walked up to the door and turning the lock.
emily eyed me, "oh hi,"
"hi," i awkwardly replied opening the door for her.

"how are you?" she asked.
"i'm fine, you?" i tapped my foot anxiously.
"i'm good, where's ethan?" emily grinned.
"oh in the living room we were just watching a movie," i sighed knowing that she was going to ruin everything.

i walked with her into the living room where ethan sat down concentrated on his brightly lit phone screen.
"ethan?" i tapped him.
"yeah?" a fixed look pierced into my eyes.
"emily is here," i informed.
"oh hi em, do you want to join us?" eth asked her.
"sure," she smiled sitting down into my place.

"i'm uh just going to get a glass of water," i lied.
i walked into the kitchen and grayson was standing there scrolling through his phone whilst sipping a glass of water.
i think he read the disappointment on my face when he asked, "are you okay?"
"i'm okay," i nodded running away from the truth.
"yeah whatever," he put down his phone on the countertop, "what happened?"

"nothing,"
"yeah it's emily isn't it?"
"wait, you're actually being nice?" i tried. changing the subject.
"i can tolerate you, sometimes, you know?" he emphasised on the word sometimes.
"yeah okay remember in 2nd grade when in the middle of the class i sneezed and got on your nerves so you hit me and the next thing i know we're both in hospital beds with cracked skulls and your brother & sister sat there traumatised near the hospital beds," i raised a brow.

i replayed the horrifying yet hilarious memory in my head.

"we were in 2nd grade brooklyn," he copied my action and raised a brow.
"you cracked my head open,"
"you cracked my head open too,"
"well-" i got interrupted.
"are you guys coming to watch the movie with us or are you going to argue?" emily came in.
"grayson are you coming?" i asked with slight annoyance in my voice.
"yeah of course," he replied in the same tone.
she nodded and proceeded to walk away.

"there's something off about her," i informed grayson probably a little too loud.
"i know," grayson nodded in agreement.
we both walked into the living room.
"what took you so long?" ethan asked.
"i was showing brooks something," grayson answered, lying.

"why don't you guys sit down?" emily budged in with an odd smirk on her face. not even 24 hours of knowing her but i was already getting the bad side.
"no it's fine we'll stand up," grayson nudged me.
"do you have a problem with me?" she asked and i started to feel a little uneasy.
"no," grayson shook his head.

"brooklyn can i talk to you for a second?" emily asked as i gulped.

-
a/n; i think we all know what's going down
ig: dolansaestheticals & ephemeraldols
twitter: dolansxc
youtube: euphória