27

i let go of ethan's hand and grabbed grayson's face looking at it all over.
"what happened?!" i almost screamed trying to hold my tears in but slightly failing.
"nothing." he tried wiping his face with his sleeve. i stopped him by grabbing his hand and pulling him into the bathroom, ethan followed and grabbed the first aid kit. he opened it and helped me clean grayson's face. grayson didn't say a word when we bombarded questions at him.

"grayson please tell me what happened i love you so much." my eyes were glossy and a tear had slipped out. grayson wiped it away with his finger. "i wanted to protect you." his breathing hitched. "from what?" i asked him.
"emily & whoever is with her." his voice was quiet.
"what do you mean whoever was with her? what her boyfriend?" ethan angrily questioned.
"would you shut the fuck up ethan? haven't you already caused enough trouble with her and now all your focusing is on your feelings for her that came out of nowhere all of a sudden." grayson clenched his jaw.

"well-" i cut ethan off sharply, feeling a little hurt that he was concerned about her having a boyfriend but i dismisses it quickly and focused on grayson.
"just be quiet, grayson what happened?" i asked softly.
"her big new boyfriend unlocked the door and we had a fight. i won but in the end we both got hurt." grayson looked disappointed.
"why are you upset when you won?" ethan grinded his teeth.
"i have two reasons and one of them involves you." he looked at ethan then back at me, "in fact the two of you." he looked disgusted, shaking his head and looked down.

"what?" i looked at him anxiously.
"i got up to help you brooklyn. i was worried someone would come back to hurt you, i didn't get a wink of sleep. i always see the two of you cuddling into eachother. i ignored it this time and got up to go search for her. once her boyfriend and i fought she told me you and ethan still had feelings for eachother. of course i didn't believe her until i thought about it more and it made sense. you and ethan, you've dated for months, you knew i loved you. it just all makes sense, you're always with ethan. fuck, now that i think about it there's never been a time where you've loved me as much as i loved you." grayson breathed heavily.

i scrunched my eyebrows and shook my head in disbelief, "grayson, how could you ever say that? i love you more than anyone else on this planet."
"that's not true, just go back to ethan, you two are made for eachother." grayson clenched his jaw.
"i don't like ethan like that. grayson, how can you believe her lies? you know what she's done in the past. i've always loved you and i promise you that. you mean the universe gray." i held up my hand and pointed to the promise ring.
he looked down and then back up at me.
"ethan get out." he said in a low tone.
ethan quickly scrambled out of the bathroom, looking slightly bewildered.

i gulped looking into grayson's deep hazel eyes. the room was silent. he hopped off the counter and stood close to me cupping my chin.
"i'm sorry, i love you." he kissed me slowly.
the kiss felt electric. ongoing, something i couldn't describe i just felt deep into the moment. his soft lips colliding with mine creating the best feeling ever. we finally pulled back after a few seconds.
he pulled a strand of my hair behind my ear.
"get ready by 6pm, i want to take you out tonight." he kissed my cheek and went out of the bathroom.