15

i heard footsteps behind me. i just walked faster. "brooklyn wait." i heard grayson's voice. i stood there for a few seconds, i turned around bursting into tears, he quickly ran up to me with open arms letting me cry on his shoulder.
my emotions were all over the place. ethan was never a person to treat anyone like that. he was so warm hearted and cared. at least i thought he cared. we've been the closest friends all our life. it made no sense. we loved eachother. well i loved him.

"grayson i don't know what to do." i cried into his shoulder.
"it's okay brooklyn." he caressed my hair.
"i loved him." i thought about all of the memories. i knew dating him would destroy everything. why did i fall for it all? why? i asked myself. i looked up at grayson, why did i let go of grayson? i was so stupid.
"you want to go get ice cream and then vent to me?" grayson offered, wiping away my tears with his fingers.

i nodded as another tear slipped out of my eye.
we walked to his car, we both got in and grayson began driving in silence.
"thank you grayson." i looked down at my shoes.
"it's fine brooklyn, when i see ethan again i promise i'll punch that douchebag." he threatened turning the steering wheel.
i heard my phone's ringtone.
i slipped it out of my back pocket.
ethan, really?

i tapped the answer button.
"brooklyn please hear me out." ethan begged.
"let's hear what bullshit you have come up with now." i tapped the speaker button.
"it's not what you think. i met up with her two times after we started dating she begged me non stop so i gave in she kissed me both times i pulled away. nothing happened i swear. i promise you i'd never do anything to hurt you." i could hear him tapping his foot. he does that when he's nervous or lying.

"twice? she cheated on you and you go meet her twice after she did what she did and you did it whilst you had a girlfriend." my heart rate shot up.
"had?" ethan gulped.
"yes, had." my heart sank. why was i about to do this?
"you're breaking up with me?" i heard his throat cracking up.
it immediately sent me into tears, "ethan i love you more than anyone else but you really hurt me a lot. maybe i'm just sensitive but cheating isn't right. shouldn't you know since she did the same to you? maybe one day i'll be able to forgive you but my heart hurts give me time. i can't deal with you doing this to me right now i really cannot. i love you ethan, i know you're the kindest person ever, the most warm hearted but i hope you don't hurt any other girls as much as you hurt me." i tapped the end call button.

i burst out into another array of tears.
grayson quickly pulled over at the side of the road right next to a park.
he hopped out and grabbed my hand to sit down at a park bench.
i rested my head on his shoulder letting all of my tears out. he kept telling me it was going to be okay and stroked my hair. i couldn't even cry after letting those tears out.
"i'm so sorry for wasting your time grayson." i apologised finally sitting up straight.

"you've never wasted my time brooks, you'll always have a shoulder to cry on. i'm here for you." grayson made me feel comfortable being in his presence.
"i would never be able to thank you enough." i looked down at my shoes again.
"it's okay brooklyn." he hugged me.
"i have nowhere to stay, my mom took all the keys with her." i bit the side of my cheek.
"you can still stay with us. sleep in my room." grayson offered.
"really?" butterflies swirled around in my stomach.
"yeah." he nodded.
"thank you gray." i thanked.

"want to go to the pier and get ice cream?" grayson turned to me making a goofy face.
"sure." i smiled lightly then remembered ethan taking me there.