4

it was a week later, i hadn't seen them in a couple of days and i never went back into the twins' house after going out to eat with ethan. i woke up to the sound of a notification on my phone.
whilst rubbing my eyes, i grabbed my phone and unlocked it. 12:04 pm, a couple hours later from my usual early awakening. ignoring the time, i quickly noticed ethan's name flashed brightly on my screen.
-
ethan: good morning sunshine
brooklyn: good morning
ethan: how you doing?
brooklyn: good, you?
ethan: i'm good, wyd :)
brooklyn: i love seeing my best friend happy. i'm still in bed.
ethan: with who? 😏
brooklyn: nobody you rat
ethan: wanna hang out with grayson, emily & i today?
brooklyn: sure, where though?
ethan: chill at the park
brooklyn: yeah sure
ethan: 2pm? :)
brooklyn: yeah i'll see you there 💘
-
i smiled to myself, shutting my phone and getting up to get ready. i first picked out my clothes, a white tee, light wash denim ripped jeans, white converse and sunglasses. i stripped and stepped into the shower, feeling the hot water hit my back. i wrapped myself in the crystal white towel, changed and put on a bit of makeup. i grabbed a quick bowl of cereal. it was already 1:07 pm as i slipped on my white converses.
i plopped onto the couch and scrolled through the same old posts to pass the time. it hit 1:40, i got up

as i closed the car door, i spotted a familiar figure sat on the bench staring at his brightly lit phone and moving his thumb upwards across the screen.

grayson.

i walked over to where he was sat.
"hey," he turned to me.
"hi." i sat next to him.
"what's up?" i asked.
"the sky," grayson answered finding my annoyed reaction amusing.
"where's ethan and emily?" i questioned.

"they said they were going somewhere else first and told me to head out, they'll probably only be another five minutes," the words rolled off of his tongue quickly.
"okay," i nodded pulling out my phone and going back to the same old stuff.

i guess that's that.
"you ok?" grayson faced me.
"yeah i'm good," i nodded.
he shuffled next to me.
"i've known you since we were toddlers brooklyn i think i should know when something is wrong," grayson's sudden soft voice became interlaced with concern.
"i never thought i'd see the day that grayson dolan would care," i shut my phone off.

"if i looked like i was going to bawl my eyes out would you care?" he raised a brow.
"who wouldn't?" i said in a quiet voice.
"exactly, so what's wrong?" he slid closer to me.
"nothing," i folded my arms.
"nothing?" he raised his eyebrows.
"no." i stuttered

i knew he knew therefore i tried to hide it; even though you can't ever take away what someone already knew. maybe he liked to think about me. brooklyn no. a voice in my head tried to silence my thoughts.

"you can always talk to me about anything." grayson reassured.
"thank you." i nodded.
we sat there staring at eachother for an awkward amount of time causing a silence to grow. the sound of a notification binged on grayson's phone.
he looked down at the screen and rolled his eyes.

"they might not be coming anymore because apparently they're too indulged hanging out with eachother so e is going to abandon his brother and best friend," he clenched his jaw, "fuck them, let's go somewhere." he got up.
"let's wait a bit what if they come?" i looked up at him.
"there's no point."
"but-" he cut me off by pulling my arm gently.

"ouch!" i over-exaggerated as he was grabbing my arm.
"sorry," grayson apologised.
"i'm just trying to make you feel bad." i laughed.
he rolled his eyes adding onto the rage he already had.
"hm, what's up why are you so angry?" i asked raising a brow.
"nothing." grayson held it in.
i stared at grayson, trying to get him to break.

his face expression turned blank and lifeless.
"what's making you so angry?" i asked.

he inhaled before saying, "ethan, he's been so distant ever since emily. i wouldn't care usually but something tells me she's bad news."

grayson went on, explaining how emily was stopping ethan from hanging out with us. calming down, he let his feelings out.

--
a/n; it's about to get interesting oop
ig: dolansaestheticals & ephemeraldols
twitter: dolansxc
youtube: euphória