seven - here we go

betty

The next morning, Jug picked me up to take me to school. We walked into the school together, his arm around me, and god did I feel confident. Something about him made me so comfortable in my own skin, like I didn't have to put on the perfect persona that I feel like I need to. 

I'll admit, I felt different. "A good different" - my mind goes back to the first day we met when we said those words.

We were getting looks, a lot of looks. Riverdale's perfect girl next door with a serpent. 

"Do you guys really have nothing better to do?" Jughead says, immediately everyone continues to their own things.

I chuckle, "Wow, people are scared of you!"

"Yeah, why wouldn't they be?" Jughead says confidently. 

He seems like he'd be a tough, scary serpent but that was far from the truth.

"C'mon, Jug. You're so cute and innocent." I say as we reach my locker.

"Innocent?" he says, his voice suddenly brooding. Ut makes my heart skip.

I look at him and his eyes are dark and deep. I gulp and with a nod I reply, "Mhm."

"Oh, Betts." he says stepping closer to me.

My entire posture straightens up, taking a deep inhale, my lust for him going crazy. He gets even closer, putting a firm grip on my hip. I look up at him and I'm honestly in shock, I have no idea what just got into him. My eyes widen as I stare into his eyes, his body hovering over mine as he slowly puts me against the lockers. My arms are by my sides as his hands move, one by my shoulder blade and the other on my lower waist. 

He continues. "I'm far from innocent."

God, so this is what it's like to have a boyfriend, let alone a deep and brooding one. 

I can feel the warmth of his breath as his face nears me, "And now you're all mine."

The words make my breath shutter. I had never heard someone speak in this way to me, so controlling. I can't make out any words, a small sound slipping from my lips. He takes my hands, intertwining them with his and pulling them up the sides of my shoulders tightly against the lockers. His teeth graze my bottom lip, pushing up lightly and I tilt my head up in response. And we kiss, the same amount of sparks as the first time fulfill my entire being, if not more. I open my eyes for a mere moment in shock of the foreboding persona Jughead had become, finding his eyes squeezed shut and brows furrowed as he deepens the kiss, then I close my eyes and squeeze his hands. 

It was crazy how different we seemed. Me in a baby pink sweater with jewels on the collar, hair in a perfect and pristine ponytail, him in a black jean jacket (he had stopped wearing his serpent jacket), black jeans and shirt, and a red and black plaid shirt around his waist. But after reading his short story, learning about him, I realized we weren't different at all.

"No making out in the halls!" Coach Clayton says, my eyes shooting open at the words.

Jughead slightly tugs on my bottom lip before letting go, my eyes wide in embarrassment, not only from Coach Clayton but after realizing people were watching us.

"Oh god." I blush, looking down.

He laughs. "Well, that's embarrassing."

"You can't do that here." I say as I push him gently off of me, standing up straight and looking up at him.

He pecks the top of my head, "Okay." immediately complying.

I can't help but smile at his adorable action. I turn to my locker, opening it and taking out my math books. Jug and I didn't have any classes together. I close my locker and we continue walking to his locker. He takes out his chemistry books and then locks it.