0.8

Standing in front of Tabitha Galavan's door for the second time in one day feels like a curse. Thankfully, there is no whipping to be heard this time, but he can't tell if that's a good or a bad thing. If they're having sex right now at least it would kill my boner.

Jerome hesitantly raises his fist and raps on the door soundly, the knock resonating about the hall. He winces at the sound of a groan within the room before several stomps fall on the way to the door. Barbara Kean whips the door open angrily, leaning against the frame with a raised eyebrow when she discovers that Jerome has come to pay a second visit.

"Did Theo make you tuck tail and apologize? Are we supposed to go hug in the corner or something?" Barbara asks, deadpan, crossing her arms in distaste as she grimaces at the prospect.

"Hardly. A hug with you I think would feel much like one with a Burmese python," Jerome retorts with an eye roll. "I'm actually here to speak with your playmate. Is she in? I really must discuss something with her regarding Theo's plan."

He has this tendency to speak in a haughty and pedantic manner to people he dislikes, or whenever he's just putting on the sass. Jerome knows that arrogance grates on people worse than most anything else and doesn't give as much excuse for the other person to start a fight. Which is why he's laying it on so thick with Babs at the moment.

Barbara takes a moment to roll her own eyes and collect herself before hollering, "Tabby! The brainless one is here to talk to you again!"

"Tut, tut, Barbie, let's not forget that you were the one that ratted yourself out to Jimbo's girlfriend," Jerome cautions slyly. "And you might want to do a recount on that whole bodies dropped thing. Last I checked you only killed your parents. I killed my mom, the would-be rapist, and his would-be victim. Looks like I've got a one-up on you, sweetheart."

Barbara growls and attempts to lunge at Jerome, but is stopped by Tabitha's arm holding her back. Tabby seems very annoyed as she faces Jerome again.

"What do you want now?" She demands.

"That little assignment your brother arranged for me, regarding my pops. I had some people look into it, and an old friend of his happens to live here in Gotham and knows where to find my old man. According to my sources, he's squatting in an abandoned house in the middle of nowhere," Jerome informs her coolly. "I was wondering if you'd look into the lead and see if you can't find the house. But don't go in. I want to have some fun with the guy myself."

"Am I supposed to just let you make me your little errand girl?" Tabitha scoffs.

"You're not my errand girl, you're your brother's," he quips with a smirk. "He doesn't want me leaving the penthouse but for our little missions, which means that the preparation for those little trips has to be done by you. His rules, not mine."

"Yeah, okay, fine, whatever," Barbara mocks him. "Why don't you just get back to the little mystery in your room."

"Gladly," Jerome smiles. "Much more stimulating than you lot, anyhow."

With a sarcastic smile, the ginger turns his back on the budding couple, eager to return to the lovely lady he has waiting in his own bedroom. He realizes as he's walking that it's starting to get late, and his stomach rumbles. If I'm hungry, then Daisy must be too.

Jerome makes a detour through the kitchen and contemplates its contents. Incapable of cooking decently, he is relieved to find a loaf of bread out on the counter. As he grabs the loaf, about to make the both of them some PB&J's, he remembers that he knows nothing about the girl he's housing, including any possible allergies. It would be just my fucking luck to make her this sandwich and then she's allergic to peanuts. And peanut allergies are the most common...