Chapter 4

"Go away." Camila snaps out as she moves around Lauren and the girls, she had been in a bad mood since she'd shown up that morning.

Lauren flinched slightly, swallowing. "Camila..." She trailed off, not sure what to say.

The soldier just continues working on cutting wood for an area to put the kittens they were taking in.

"Mama had anoder nightmare." Valerie mumbles from behind them, rubbing at her eyes which were red from crying.

The four women looked at the little girl. Normani moved to pull her in for a hug.

Flinching away, Valerie shakes her head and rubs at her eyes again. "It was bout uncle Chris." the little girl says, not realizing what she had said.

Normani sighed. "She'll be okay, don't worry. It'll be okay." She told the little girl softly.

"Dammit!" Camila yells, throwing the wood she had been holding down before storming off toward the barn, not realizing Lauren was following her.

"Camila..." Lauren said quietly as she stepped in front of the soldier. "You need to calm down. You're scaring your daughter."

Tensing, Camila stares at Lauren with distant eyes before dragging Lauren into the barn and crashing their lips together roughly.

Lauren gasped in surprise. She froze, unable to push Camila away.

The soldier was shaking as she continued to kiss Lauren, backing her into the wall.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" It was Keaton. He was there to pick Avery up.

Pulling away, Camila swallows thickly and keeps her eyes locked on Lauren. She couldn't risk snapping and attacking the deputy.

Lauren stared at Camila, her heart racing in her chest. She swallowed nervously and moved away from Camila, shutting the soldier out. "Avery is in the house." She told Keaton.

"Are you okay?" Keaton asks, glaring at Camila.

Lauren swallowed again. "Maybe." She said. "It's none of your business."

"It is my business." Keaton says calmly, stepping forward and cupping Lauren's cheek. "You know I will always love you."

Camila tenses and storms off toward her truck, leaving Valerie and Ace with Dinah and Normani.

Ally had run into town to get more groceries.

Lauren pulled her face out of Keaton's hands. She felt sick. She stepped back, trying to hide how scared she was.

"Mama!" Valerie screams, trying to break out of Normani's hold.

The three year old's screams catch Ace's attention and causes him to start growling at Normani. The husky baring his teeth.

"Lauren get your ass out here!" Normani yelled.

Making her way out to them, Lauren frowns in confusion. Not knowing what to do.

"What the hell happened?" Dinah asked.

The green eyed girl swallows thickly. "I'm not even sure." she says softly as she gently takes Valerie into her arms.

The three year old buries her face in Lauren's neck as Ace continues growling at everyone before releasing a high pitched yelp.

Keaton glares at the dog as it drops down, his taser aimed at the Husky.

Lauren's eyes widened and she stepped in front of the dog. "What kind of person are you?!"

"That thing was going to attack you!" Keaton yells back.