Chapter 8

When red docked back into the hangers, Keith wouldn't dare let go of Lance. It was almost like the boy he had in his arms was a thin line; a line in which if he somehow let's go- he falls into the deepest parts of hell. So, he clung onto him like glue.

Pidge would never miss a chance like this.

"Ooooh!" She began, hovering to the pair. "Clinging onto your boyfrieeend?" She teased. Her smug smile plastered on her face as she eyed the two.

Lance made an offended noise. "Give us a break, I fought a dragon and Keith was experiencing unimaginable-" Keith buried his face into the crook of Lance's neck, which made him freeze. Pidge's smile only grew.

"How's Keith?" Shiro asked as he and everyone else rushed into the room. Pidge really wanted to take the chance to insult them, so she had waited in the room for them for the past varga.

Lance only gripped Keith tighter. "Not sure, but he wouldn't let go of me. So, it was hard for him to pilot us back here."

One glance at Keith and Shiro gave a proud smile. This only raised questions for Lance. He looked at him for answers but found none as Hunk ushered him and Keith to the dining hall.

When they arrived at the paladins' place of eating Hunk's masterpieces, he placed two plates full of blue goo with small, but noticeable, pink spots.

"While you were gone, I whipped something up using the ingredients I got from Fluiti" Hunk chirped. "Oddly enough, it tastes like cotton candy, but really cold cotton candy"

The two wielders looked at the goo curiously. Keith extended his right hand and grabbed his spoon. He scooped the slob and placed it in his mouth.

Keith's expression turned into a surprised one. "I-It does taste like cotton candy." His hoarse voice sent spikes of worry into Lance. How long had he been screaming?

"What did it feel like? If you don't mind me asking" The pair only noticed the two Alteans and their other teammates when Pidge voiced her question. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to"

Keith shifted and curled further into Lance. "It hurt like hell. Literally. It must've been a good 10 ticks when Lance came to get me."

Lance winced, Keith's screams echoing in his mind. They sounded terrible.

"Wait" Shiro stepped forward. "You left Keith alone? Why?" Lance flinched from the tone of his leader's voice. He sounded angry, but tried to keep it in. Key word on try.

"There was a dragon, Lance said he'll finish it off and made me go to the gem alone. It's fine, there was nothing else in the way" Keith explained. "I don't want to let go of Lance. He feels like a really warm bed" His face was placed on his shoulder, breathing casually on his teddy bear's neck.

Hunk froze. "A dragon!? You. Fought. A. Dragon!?" Hunk was bewildered. "First mermaids, now dragons!?"

Lance finished his slob and placed his right arm over Keith. "I didn't kill it. It was meant to protect the planet. It was created by the 12th user of the gem. He didn't feel okay about leaving the planet unguarded, so he created the beast"

"Incredible. The wielders can create such mighty creatures in little efforts " Allura commended, a smile placed on her face. "I wonder if we have the time to train you into making one to face Lotor"

Worry seeped into Lance. "Have mercy on our souls, princess. We can only do so much" Lance whined.

Allura offered a small smile to her blue paladin. She wouldn't make her paladins practice anything out of their reach if they were not in perfect health. But once Keith gets better, she'll force their two new wielders to spar using their powers.