XXIII

Veronica's POV
The white walls were too much. The deafening sound of all the machine around me was unbearable. The comfort of the bed from the hospital was nothing compared to the arms of the one I loved. My fragile body was only covered by an ugly hospital gown, my bruised face disguised by the white bandages, my left leg trapped in a cast and the only think left of the old me was my hair that still fell down my shoulders. I couldn't close my eyes but I couldn't cry either, I killed a man.
"Veronica, there is someone here to see you" the nurse walked in, almost scaring me, and changed my bandages. I nodded at her, signaling that however was the person, she could send him or her in. I moved my glance to the huge window that I still hadn't had the time to analyze, realizing that I was still in riverdale, a part of me relaxing. I felt someone gently grab my hand and, despite my will to run away, I slowly moved my glance to the person sitting beside me.
"Mom?" I finally spoke, surprised to see my mother, standing there as if everything was ok when I really expected Archie.
"Hi mija" she said, moving her glance to my swollen face " oh my god Veronica, do you need me to call my doctor? We could arrange you some botox fillers, do you need me to bring you some of your makeup products?" She said while passing her fingers through my lips and cheeks, anger building in me.
"I don't need anything from you" I cut her off by brushing her hands off my hurting face, harshly. Her look changed from worry to horror.
"What are you saying Mija?" She asked as I moved myself on the white bed, adopting a more serious position than the one before.
"You and dad knew where I was and you didn't even bothered to come save me" I said, bitting my lip trying to stop the tears from running down my face. She looked away for moments, avoiding my gaze and giving me all the answers I needed.
"Veronica-" she started but I quickly cut her, moving my glance back to the window.
"Don't bother, I'm not going to make the effort anymore... you know how to find me" I said, burying my numb body deeper into the unknown mattress. She sighed and exited the room, closing the door roughly, making me shiver. I tried to reach to the bedside table only to realize that my phone wasn't there and to be pulled back with hurt by the needles that were attached to my right arm. My instinctive cursing was immediately cut off by a knock at the door.
"If this is you mother I thought that I had been clear with—" a confused and worried redhead walked into the room, scanning every detail of it only to end up exploring my face. A smile almost crept up on my face but it was stopped by the sudden realization that I looked like a wreck.
( this is what Veronica's face looks like

Yes)As he approached me, I quickly turned around, my back facing him

Yes)
As he approached me, I quickly turned around, my back facing him. He seemed to understand the message and, for my surprise, he sat on the chair near the bed. He didn't touched me or even talked, he just... sat. After a few minutes, the confidence creeping up on me, I turned around just to see him sleeping, looking uncomfortable. I took a deep breath, gathering my strength, and carefully stretched my arm, tapping his hand gently, using the little piece of strength that I had left. He immediately opened his eyes, scared, but relaxed at the moment that he saw me. He was trying not to stare at my bruised and cut face but I could see right through him.
"You can look" I whispered, my hand still on top of his, neither one of us intending on moving it.
"You are beautiful"
What?
I looked at him confused, his hand locking with mine.
"You heard me, you're beautiful" he repeated, a smile playing now on his lips. I moved to the side of the big bed near the machines, leaving a big space by my side.
"Will you sleep with me?" I asked, realizing that I needed the comfort of his touch now more than ever. He immediately nodded and jumped to the hospital bed after taking his shoes off. I curled next to him, my face buried on his chest and my leg over his. He smiled down at me and rested one hand on my waist, pulling me closer, and the other linked to mine, carefully not to mess up all the tubes that I was linked at. He pulled the comfortable covers over us and rubbed circles on my back with his thumb, the silence more comfortable than a thousand words. He kissed the top of my head and all I could think off was the warmth of his strong embrace.
"You scared the living shit out of me" he muttered causing a small laugh to escape my lips.
"Sorry" I replied, leaving a sweet kiss on his chest.
"I love u so fucking much did you know that?" He said, now looking down at me, making a soft giggle escape from my mouth.
"Yes I know that" I whispered, burring my scared fragile body more into his, anticipating what was coming "arch"
"Yes princess"
"I'm scared" I whispered again and his hands carefully moved my body so that I was facing him.
"I know, but you're strong, you're the strongest person I know Ronnie" he whispered, his hands caressing my cheeks and my face against the crook of his neck.
"I'm sorry but I can't be strong now" I replied, the tears coming like a waterfall. He wrapped his arms tightly around me so that I knew he wasn't letting me go anywhere
"It's gonna be ok baby, you're gonna be ok"